Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Trying to make a copy but it beeps and doesnt tell me what the problem is.  Will not copy anything.  Will print from computer but will not copy

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Surban,

The OJ 4630 does make a tone when a document is loaded into the Automatic Document Feeder.  Are you loading the originals into the ADF or are you trying to scan from the scan glass?

If you have not tried scanning from the glass instead, please try this.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

HP OJ 4630

same problem. Trying  to copy from ADF or glass I just  get a beep. No copy. Brand new and havent used the  glass yet.  Just want to make a  2 sided copy.  Checked paper-standard, prints from printables and  computer but no copy.

HP Recommended
Trying to copy and all that it does is two short and quick beeps. Using both on the glass and the document feeder.
HP Recommended

I'm getting the same problem and it wont clear - the audio two tone bleep is the same warning tone when you lift the glass plate up to access the cartridges.

HP Recommended

Same exact problem since last nite attempting to copy fromm glass.

Also will not Fax despite proper loading.

HP Recommended

Since a paper jam, my officejet 4630  will print but not copy - I go through the process of pressing the copy button, then selecting the type of copying required but when I press the ok button I get a two tone noise as if the printer is fauly. Checked the paper tray and opened the inside to check the paper runs and the automatic paper feed but no paper found. It prints ok but I'm sure there is a problem - Any ideas?  David

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Same problem I had. I spoke to speak to HP support and after loads of tests, the printer had a hardware faulty which HP replaced without issue.

HP Recommended

Trying to make a copy  and it just gives some kint of tone

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.