Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you have already uninstalled, restart your Mac and repeat instructions in post 17 above.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

hello,

we recently changed our modem and now our wireless printer (hp officejet 6310) is not hooked up to the network.   since it has been disconnected from the network, all our other laptops cannot print either.

can i please get some support from anyone?

i need help connecting this printer back on the network!

thanks

HP Recommended

On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Restore Network Defaults.  Now from the same Network menu, run the Wireless Setup WIzard.  Follow the instructions to connect your printer to your new router.

If you are on Windows: Start > Control Panel > Printers.  Delete all instances of the printer.

Finally, re-add the printer in this way:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Get its IP from a Network Test printed from the front panel of the printer.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply! I got it working!  🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I also have the HP Officejet 6310 and was attempting to connect it with the wireless router via ethernet cable.  No luck.  The printer shows up as offline.  I printed a test sheet, as was suggested above, and the IP address is showing up as 0.0.0.0

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong?  I did unplug / replug the modem before running the test sheet.  I also rebooted the printer and my computer before testing.  If it makes a difference, I am using Mac OSX 10.6.8.

HP Recommended

There is something going on between your router and printer.  Perhaps try a different Etheret cable?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

If you are on Windows: Start > Control Panel > Printers.  Delete all instances of the printer.

Finally, re-add the printer in this way:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network.

Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing.

(optional) Get its IP from a Network Test printed from the front panel of the printer.

2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Printers.

3. Click the Add a printer

4. Select Wireless printer

(at this point the install wizard should make the appropriate configurations for you if it doesnt procede as follows)

5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.

6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.

7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next. If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.

8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.

9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.

10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.

11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.

12. Click Finish.

HP Recommended

I neet help to restoar my printer to my PC

HP Recommended

Where should i contact and what is the phone Number

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.