Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.

The HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus has an IP addres, it dislays the WiFI SSID, but I can not PING it or HTTP to it to open the web interface.

Connecting the printer with a USB cable, I can configure it.

Modifying the connection from USB to Wireless, the configuration assistant is even able to tell me that the printer is connected wirelessly and displays the SSID.

Unless there is something wrong with the WiFi interface, I would say the TCP/IP stack in this printer is dead!!!!

I need help before I get this printer back to the store where I bought it!

HP Recommended

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have an HP officejet 6500 E704a, attched to a hard wired lan.  Its IP is 192.168.0.101. I can not ping it.  It worked at one time but it has not since I had to change routers. I can ping other devices attached to the router. Windows 7 cannot find it, nor can network magic. I can't find using my browser. I've reloaded the printer driver several times and wiped everything pretaining to hp out of the registery. The printer works fine using the USB port.

phyldeano

HP Recommended

Did you run the utility above?  What did it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Guys!! just change channel no of the wireless router. i think channel no 6 would work...try this out....cheers!!!

HP Recommended

My Officejet 6700 works fine with an ethernet connection to a FiOS ActionTec router, model MI424-WR Rev.D. When I go wireless, it finds and joins the network, obtains a DHCP address, but I can;t ping it form the router (or my PC). I am able to ping other wireless devices from the router(iPhones, iPads, Apple TV node).

I've tried power cycling the router, run the latest HP diagnostic software, confirmed the router is wireless bridging, attemped setting static routes on my PC, called Verizon -- after all that I still can't print from my PC, but I can print from my iPhone! (Verizon suggested it was an HP problem. I don't think so).

Sine Verizon cannot/will not help, anyone here have suggestions?

HP Recommended

These are known problem routers.   http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02986958

I recommend you get your own router, turn off the wifi on the Verizon router and attach all devices to the new router.  It really is the kill-it-dead solution.

I can help you set it up as it may not be totally plug-and-play.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
Could you check in the Router EWS if wireless isolation is enable if yes try to disable that and check if you can ping the Printer and also able to access the EWS page of the Printer as disabling that worked for me..
HP Recommended

I have the HP PhotoSmart 5520 and I am having the exact same problem. I just plugged in a printer cable and it STILL will not print. So now what?

HP Recommended

What operating system are you using?  Have you restarted your computer?

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.