Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I figured that it was history.  I guess I shouldbe glad to have gotten nearly 3 years out of it.  I think I'm going to get an Epsom.  You agree?

HP Recommended

3 years is long compared to most of us so yes you can be happy about that. I personally bought a Brother that I am very happy with. My personal view on Epson is that they have the best print quality and also the most expensive ink. There are new Epson printers that have massive ink capacities and I almost bought one of those. They still are rather expensive though. Although my Brother printer does not have the great colors that I had on HP or what Epson would provide, it is a very trustworthy printer and ink prices are very acceptable.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  Costco has a well-rated Epsom multi-function printer on sale for $99 that I was looking at.  But I'll look into the Brothers.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and would like a private response if possible. Thanks

HP Recommended

You would like a private response? So did all the others 😉

You won't get any response. If HP would be keeping an eye open they would have reacted a long time ago..

Don't expect any response, not private either.. Sorry to wake you up..

HP Recommended

Please help!!!

HP Recommended

No help today..

Your HP has fade away..

There is only one way to prevent..

Get yourself another brand..

HP Recommended

You say call customer service... fine, but where do you hide the customer support number.

Where can I find a number or on-line help to order parts for the 6700 printer, is that possibel?

After all the trouble shooting tips failed and no where to find customer support, I decided to do some trouble shooting on my own. Since I have a good background doing this type of work in the electronics industry most all my career I had a pretty good idea where to start on the print head problem.

The two ribbon cables running from the control PC board to the print head were intermittent. After cleaning the contacts as suggested by the message from the control screen, the printer worked for about 15 minutes, then failed with the same message. Trying it again with contact cleaner yeilded the same results, about 15 minutes until it heated up, the failed again.

It appears that the ribbon cable where it makes a 90 degree bend into the print head was damaged. Touching it the first time cleared the problem for a few seconds then failed. It appears the circuits in the ribbnon cable have severed which should be an easy fix if you can get new cables.

How do I do that?

JJReich

HP Recommended

I applaud your persistance.. HP is pulling a "lightbulb conspiracy". You are trying to fix a problem that HP created on purpose. Your printer is not supposed to last. HP would rather sue you if you fix the problem than help you fixing it..

HP Recommended

Thanks Gamick, I thinnk you are right, HP is making throw-away product. Like lap tops, Everytime you bought a new one, none of the power supplies were compatabile and none of the charging cables would fit either.

I'm still hoping I will hear from HP.  I have two of the 6700's so that the cartridges were compatable. But no more HP products for me, there are to many other options.

You (I think) said something about other printers, Epson was good but ink expensive: Brother was OK with cheap ink.  You have any other thoughs on other printers?

I will take this 6700 back to COstco where I bought and see what they have to say about HP Customer Support refusing to support this product.

JJReich

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.