Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @flippy59,

When are you getting the "Incorrect Password entered" message? (running the Wireless Wizard on the printer)

Did you verify the Encryption on the network?

You can always connect the printer with a ethernet cable to the router, you should get a IP address. Then access the Embedded Web Server for the printer. Type the IPv4 address into your web browser's address bar. Then configure the printer over the wireless network.

Hope this helps.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thank you for all of your help but still getting the wrong password error. Going to return printer and try another.
HP Recommended

Try this. In the router disable and remove your password to your SSID, power cycle router. Now try to connect to your unsecured SSID with no password. Are you successful? If yes go back and add WPA2-AES encryption with a password and try now.

HP Recommended

Replaced printer.  Tried connecting with no password.  Connected effortlessly.  Went back and added password and got the "incorrect Password" message again.  

HP Recommended

Hi @flippy59,

Thanks for letting me know. Most likely it is a setting in the router or the Encryption type being used.

I have provided a similar post, which might help. They had changed the Encryption type and was successfully able to connect. My HP Photosmart 7525 will not connect to network.

I have provided some information that I hope is helpful in getting the printer recognized on the network.

Make sure there isn't any spaces or special characters in the network name, the printer may not recognize it.

The printer is only capable of sending/receiving in the 2.4 ghz band.

If the router is set to 5 GHZ network you may need to change to 2.4 ghz. (rename the 5 ghz or shut it off)

The WPA key setting needs to be on AES to work correctly not TKIP.

Multi casting needs to be turned on.
Firewall on router has to have open ports for printer.
If you have Mac Filtering you need to give printer hardware address from Configuration page.

You might need to contact your router company for further assistance to check those settings.

Please keep me posted. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

samer samer samer

HP Recommended

Hi @sinawy,

Please clarify the issue that you are having. I would really like to be able to help you resolve this issue, but I will need some more information.

What operating system are you using?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Are you using the same printer model? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Let me know any error messages and when you are getting them.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.