Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Would love if they would just get it right. Refused to buy another HP, so got an Epson. It will only scan from the computer (not the printer screen) and it does not have a strong enough antenna to get wireless from our router so much be attached to computer. However, it was only $139.99 instead of $250.00. You get what you pay for. Still holding on to the HP 8600 in case someone comes up with a real fix!

HP Recommended

I have tried again to get it to work, following the directions on the 'support' page.  No luck. 

I am not about to spend $120.00 for a solution that may or may not work.  Printers should last more than a year guys. 

I am giving them a week to come up with a solution or replacement, then I am buying another (non HP) printer and never looking back. 

HP Recommended

I too have this problem with my printer.    And although i would like to continue using it, as my assistant has the same printer, i cant see where to buy the printhead!!  What manufacturer does that - unless they have stopped making it - which explains why the printer seems to be 50% off at staples.

And yes HP its annoying to have been business in less than year and a half, and the first thing that quit was your print head -- and i buy genuine hp ink from either staples or your online store.  Maybe you want to offer some out of warrenty replacement if it is defective as the number of posts seem to indicate.

HP Recommended

I ended up paying the $130 to get the new printer head and it did fix the problem. I was out of the warranty period by 1 month. I really like the printer (when it works) except this problem and the cost and time to fix it is very frustrating. 

HP Recommended

I had the error message come up after a one year of owning the 8600 HP. I love its performance. But cleaning and replacing ink cartridges is worthless. There obviously is a problem with the unit in the print head. I ordered a non HP print head for about $60 vs the Hp $120. It has not given me any problems for 6 months or so.

HP Recommended

I have just today had the same experience...replace black, then messages to replace C, did so, then message to repace Y,

replaced Y, then message to replace M...did that also.  Now I get the error message about printer or ink system.

What is going on???  

HP Recommended

Could I ask the site (or store) where you were able to obtain the non-HP printhead?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for passing on my concern.  I did not hear from anyone yet.

HP Recommended

I tried cleaning the print heads, it printed 2 pages and gave me the same error. I changed the ink and still get same error.

HP Recommended
I owned a computer store, and now a cell phone store. I have been using HP printers for many years.. I am still using the HP Officejet 6450. I had several of the 8000 series. Most of them were worthless. I upgrade to the 8600 Pro Plus. As everyone else stated it was great for the first year. I had the same issue printer ink system bad. I called HP they told me since I used non-official ink cartridges that it voided my warranty. I explained that it wouldn't work with original cartridges . They said it didn't matter still void warranty so I boxed it up and bought a brother printer. I have had no problem since. I just unboxed it tried cleaning the print heads putting in new cartridges nothing works. Sorry HP just like the old Maxtor hard drives when you start making a bad product I have to go but it was a great PRINTER when it worked. I have a feeling they may have a program to make this message automatically come up after the warranty is void.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.