Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I hit SCAN on my printer, the LCD panel gives me the following message" "No Scan Options, You need to install or run device software for feature".  My CD drive is broken so I installed the drivers from the HP website.  After downloading the drivers and running the install, I still get the same message.  Where did my scan feature go?  It used to be there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Asking4Help,

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7.  Download Full Feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=390328&task

8. Run the downloaded software and driver

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=390328&task

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Asking4Help,

Follow the steps in the document at the link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02450835

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I've done everything that I've been told to do and when all of that didn't fix the problem, I did a recovery to a previous date (same problem still exists). Then I read some more on your website about checking to see if there is a problem with my hardware. Device Manager shows a yellow exclamation mark on file ASUS CD-5480/A5 and HP DVD Writer 640c. What now?
HP Recommended

Hi Asking4Help,

The two devices you mentioned do not have anything to do with scanning on the printer. Sounds like you need to uninstall the software and reinstall the printer using the current version from the website. I have provided a link to the download for this printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=390328&task=&

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for trying to help me, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HP download 3 times, still no scanning capabilites.  And, in the process I lost my CD drivers.  Microsoft's Tech Service helped me to recover those files, and then I was able to load and run the installation CD for my printer.  Thought that would take care of it -- wrong.  Still no scanning options from the control panel on my printer, and I have discovered in my HP Director that the icons for scanning (scan picture, scan image) aren't even there.  No wonder it can't scan like it's supposed to.  I don't get it!

HP Recommended

Hi Asking4Help,

If you download the Full Feature software and driver package from the link below you will have the HP director software installed again. Can you make a copy from the printer standalone?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=390328&task=&

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I did everything you said.  Still no Scan Options on my printer and scan still doesn't show up in my HP Director.  Also ran all the fixes, and nothing came up as being wrong.

However, through all the this's and that's, at one point I found something on my computer that listed the features.  It said to select the scan options listed in the box on the left and then select the ones I wanted to "Add" to the column on the right and then save.  I know I did that once, but I can't find it again to see if that is the problem.  Do you know where I can find that again?...that just might be the problem.  I can't select any scan options so the scanner won't scan to the features (Save to a file, etc) that I want to use??

I can see from other posts here and on the internet that this is a major problem that there just doesn't seem to be an easy fix for.  And, the more we all do by loading and running things on our computer, the more it seems to screw up other programs and files.

HP Recommended

P.S. -- the copy function works.  I am able to make a copy.

HP Recommended

Hi Asking4Help,

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
YEEHA! HERE IS WHAT ABSOLUTELY, FINALLY, WORKED SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR ME.

BE SURE TO TURN OFF ANY FIREWALLS YOU HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER before executing the Full Feature download. In all my frustration after so many tries, I forgot to turn it off again. Once I turned it off and reloaded the "Full Feature with printer drivers" dowload, everything is working again.

BUT, to make sure the SCAN OPTIONS are now set on my printer, I had to do the following:

1. Start > Programs > HP >HP Director (for other users it might be called the HP Solution Center).

2. In "Select device" box, I chose my printer (HP PSC 1610) from the drop down.

3. Select "Setting", "Scan Settings and Preferences" and then open the "Button Settings" tab.

4. Now you'll see what's called the "Front Panel Destination List".

5. From the "Available Scan Destinations" column, select and "Add" the options you want to show up in the "Scan Options" LED panel on your printer.

6. Hit "Apply", OK.

Now you should see the "Scan Options" appear when you hit the "Scan To" button on your printer.

Good Luck. Hope this helps.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.