Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Photosmart 5514d printer. I am trying to update the firmware, with no luck. When I run the update software it tells me that it can't connect to the printer. I have followed the instructions on the download page and also on the HP printer web portal. Those options listed are not there. Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Install the firmware through desktop

2. Install full featured software then install the firmware

3. Copy the file on SD card and run directly from the printer

4. Connect with USB and install

5. Find menu item from the printer so it updates Firmware automatically from the internet

None of these options work.

Any help or if you have sucessfully accomplished it... HOW?

Thank you

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try setting a manual DNS, then try updating the firmware automatically and check for any change:

1. Enter the Wireless menu of the printer and select Display Network Configuration to locate its IP address.
  2. Type its IP into your web browser. the printer's EWS page appears.
  3. Open the Network tab.
  4. Click on Networking from the left pane and then click on Network Address (IP).
  5. Under DNS Address Configuration, select Manual DNS server.
  6. Set the preferred server as 8.8.8.8, the alternate address as 8.8.4.4 and click apply to save the changes.
  7. Now try updating the firmware by going to Web Services > Product Update > Check for Product Update from the printer front panel.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have followed all the steps. I am having trouble going over step 7. Step 7 is also mentioned on the web services but I can't find that option on the printer screen. There is no icon for web services. I have navigated the whole printer menu but can't find Web Services. How do I get to that?

HP Recommended

Sorry, by Web Services I been referred to the ePrint icon.

Follow the exact steps below to update its firmware from the screen:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02879297

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi! I checked that option too. When I press on Check for Updates it returns back "No new updates found". I know the firmware of the printer is old because:

1. The new firmware was released after I bought the printer

2. I am having problem printing from MS Word which was addressed in Firmware 2.0.

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 5510 b111a

fpu no. CQ176-64004, model number: SNPRH-1001

Same problem!

The new firmware 2013-01-31 , Version:2.0, 30.29M    Can not install !

On the printer panel reads:

Firmware version: EPL2CN1133BR, data revision: Nov 09,2011

E 'was perhaps already updated automatically?
Comparing the date it seems not!

I made several attempts, with wi-fi, and usb, using windows 8 pro 64 bit, and windows 7 pro 64 bit....

Some help?

Best regards

pikka68

HP Recommended

Did you perform the steps in message #4 above from ShlomiL?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Yes, I had already tried ... This is the result:

"The printer has the latest updates.
There are no new updates available at the moment. ":smileysad:

But instead, unfortunately it is not.

best regards

pikka68

HP Recommended

I get the same response.

This trick does not work. The printer is still on 1.0 firmware.

Can someone at HP try this themselves and then post a proper fix/instructions.

HP Recommended

As you see, who should, or could help us continue to make the blind and deaf !:smileyindifferent:
I do not know what we should do!
Definitely, get angry, it would be self harm ....

We can do is hope!:smileyembarrassed:

If they can serve other details to investigate ... we are available!
The printer, in my case has been purchased and is used in italy.
Best regards

pikka68

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.