Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay, there are 2 people here pikka68, and h_noor that I'll try to address.

Pikka68 could you confim that your firmware is

Firmware version: EPL2CN1133BR 

and that there are no typos in the firmware version.

h_noor

Where did you get the file that you copied to the SD card and where did you get the instructions to do that when you said "3. Copy the file on SD card and run directly from the printer"? 

Could you tell me what version of firmware your printer is running? Go to tools->printer status report and it should be listed there like EPL2CN1122AR

To both h_noor and pikka68,

Have you tried to install the update below with the printer hooked up to the USB? I'm assuming you have since you said you tried to do it through the desktop, but thought I'd ask anyways. The link below is for windows 7 and 8. Let me know if you have a different OS.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-113647-2&cc=us&dlc=&lc=en&o...=

I am an Hp Employee.
My posts may not be helpful.
My posts do not reflect the opinions or views of Hewlett-Packard.
HP Recommended

"Hi, Could you verify That the printer is
Firmware version: EPL2CN1133BR "

It displays exact read by the printer.

"When you said you: Copy the files on SD card and run Directly from the printer" Where did you get the files that you copied to the SD card and where did you get the instructions to do that? "

I did not say I was another person!

"Where did you get from your printer (ie best buy, online, order, friend gave it to you, found it on the side of the street., Etc ...)"

Purchased at a store in Italy, still under warranty, I have the receipt that proves it.

"Have you tried to install the update below with the printer hooked up to the USB?'m Assuming you have since you said you tried to do it through the desktop, but thought I'd ask anyways."

You already tried usb, tried with several pc, win764bit, win864bit.

Tried with firmware that you put the link but does not work.
I am 45 years old and a great experience with pc ... (work in the computer field) for this reason I would exclude all the basic evidence, however, already made.
It may be that the same printer model with small hardware differences that create incompatibility?

Thanks for your time!

we hope to  solve soon the problem.

best regards

pikka68

HP Recommended

SD Card:

• The firmware file was downloaded from Photosmart 5514d drivers page
  • There were no instructions to copy it on SD card, but I tried it anyways
  • There is no other way it would work so I taught of giving it direct SD card load

USB Install:

• Yes, I disconnected the wireless and tried installing it directly through USB, won't work either

P.S: I am using Windows 8 x64 and bought the printer from Best Buy.

HP Recommended

It would be helpful if you included the Firmware version and patch revision information.  You can get this from the printer status page.

The firmware update posted would upgrade the printer to "EPL2CN1239AR" for the regular photosmart 5510 and "EDL1CN1239AR" for the duplexing photosmart 5514.

It applies to firmwares ending in "AR".

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Firmware version: EDL1CN1239AR

Revision Date: Sep 26, 2012

HP Recommended

Hi, Pikka,

Thank, that information helps a lot. Thankfully, I think I know what's wrong. I need a week (It'll probably only be 2 days, but I have to pad) to talk to my coworker in another time zone. Regretfully, I'm not sure how much HP allows me to say on the forum for liability reasons on what's wrong, but give me some time to talk to my coworker.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I am an Hp Employee.
HP Recommended

I see the following:

Model: Photosmart 5510 B111a
Firmware version: EPL2CN1133BR
Serial number: {Personal Information Removed}
Service ID: 22168
IK Number: 848
Software version: 028.000.1315.000
Printer Driver Version: 09.84.00.1173

If it helps, but I think not: ipv4 address, MAC address.

best regards

pikka68

HP Recommended

HI h_noor,

My records indicate that

Firmware version: EDL1CN1239AR is the latest version of code for that printer. There is nothing for it to update to.

My records show the update was a required update, so if you have automatic updates turned on, the printer would have installed the update automatically.

I am an Hp Employee.
HP Recommended

On the printer panel reads:

Firmware version: EPL2CN1133BR, revision date: Nov 09,2011
Then misleading that shows the wrong date!:smileyfrustrated:
It 'hard to see from the code if the version is the latest ... also seeing the old date.

best regards

pikka68

HP Recommended

Unpacking the archive of the firmware HPCOM_297289_HPPS_5510_fw_update_x64_000_003.exe
I find the bios files: EPL2CN1239AR
Compared to the one installed in my printer, EPL2CN1133BR Seems blackberries recently!

Then realized that AR-Br are two different lines, perhaps to hardware differences, even if the printer name is the same!?
This can create some confusion ...
Closed question, or should I wait for future updates?

thanks again
pikka68

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.