Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I will try this as well. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

No problem - good luck, and please do check the warranty ends date on your cartridges. They may still be covered.

I work on HP's behalf.
HP Recommended

just changed ink cartridged getting print cartridge error

HP Recommended

The ink cartridges are definitely out of warranty.

HP Recommended

I receive have received the same error with nothing wrong with the cartridge. I believe it is a bug in the programing of the unit.  I am just throwing mine out and going with a  Cannon or a Brother as the replacement. I feel HP quality is as not good as they use to be. The quality was great in the 90's and early 2000's. We have shifted are company from high end HP printers to Xerox -- Too many service calls!

HP Recommended

Thanks, that's what I've done. I tried all the troubleshooting ideas and there was no reason for the error message. I wasn't going to spend $70+ on new ink cartridges when the ones I had were pretty full and I was almost sure it wouldn't fix the problem...then I'm out $70+ AND I still don't have a printer that will do ANYthing at all (with that error message, as you well know, you can't even scan! Ridiculous!). Not only that, but even if it did start printing, it was a constant fight to get it to feed paper and I had to physically force it to feed, so I couldn't even walk away when it was printing. Thankfully, I only paid $30 for it when I got my Apple laptop. Against my better judgment, I have given HP one more chance because I got a good deal on another printer at Costco. We shall see. I loved my C4780 for the 1st year...then it died right after it went out of warranty:(

HP Recommended

I'm at my wits end with this printer.  After purchasing one and only printing off about 3 pages I got a cartridge error message.  The phone line help couldn't fix it and I was sent a replacment.  Apart from the faulty door I found the same cartridge error.  I pruchased a set of new cartridges and these worked fine.  Last week the printer display, displayed a very low ink message and sadly several pages of t-shirt transfers were ruined.  (The printer does not warn you that the ink is low until it is too late!  It also does not tell you which cartridge is low!  So I purchased two new HP 300 cartridges.  I installed them and managed to print two pages before the printer displayed the cartridge error message and I was not able to print anything else.  I took these cartridges back to Tesco and they kindly replaced the cartidges which I then installed and everything worked fine briefly, however after only about 5 page, albeit A4 pictures the printer reported a very low ink message again and another expensive t-shirt transfer sheet was ruined!  I have tried putting in the old set of cartridges which had initially run out last week to see what the printer would do and could not believe it when it displayed 'non-compatible cartridges'!  This printer really is a joke.  Do not purchase a HP printer if you don't want to loose your sanity, and certainly not a C4780!

HP Recommended

I'm really confused...The cartridge that came with the printer was number 60. When I went to buy a new one in Switzerland, I was told that the numbers were different in different countries. We managed to find the right one, which is 300 in Switzerland. It is an official HP cartridge that says it is compatible with my model, C4780.

When I tried to install the cartridge, the printer says it is not compatible with this printer.

What should I do?? Help please!

HP Recommended

Hi  th5329a - sorry you are having problems.

Cartridge compatibility does vary depending on where you are in the world, and it is very confusing. But HP will help fix this. If you are now located in Switzerland, you will need to get your printer reset to accept HP 300 cartridges. HP should help with this, whether or not your printer is in warranty - as long as the cartridge you bought is still in warranty. To get help, contact HP in whatever country you are now located in:

1. Go to hp.com and make sure you are looking at the site for your country (look at the flag icon in the lower left corner of the page, and click it to change location if necessary).
  2. When you are on your country's HP site, click the 'Connect with HP' button in the top right area of the page to see contact numbers. The button looks like this contactHP.jpg
I work on HP's behalf.
HP Recommended

Has anyone ever fixed the Printer cartridge error or is this just thekiss of death for our printer?

{Content Removed}

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.