Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

An HP ScanJet 6300C is not compatible with Windows 7. Is there a "work around" that can get it to work? I don't mind buying a new scanner but this one is great and I really don't want to fill my space with computer equipment!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

According to this thread XP drivers are working under Windows 7.

Download link is here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

According to this thread XP drivers are working under Windows 7.

Download link is here.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Actually, I don't yet have Windows 7 but I'm considering buying a computer that comes with Windows 7 and I think I'll go ahead and get it and hope that this works. If it doesn't, I'll just have to get a scanner that works with Windows 7. By the way, I see one post that says that there is no update to make the ScanJet 6300C work with Vista. I have Vista Home Premium and it works without an update. My scanner is the USB type. Anyway, many thanks!
HP Recommended

You're welcome. 🙂

HP Recommended

I believe you meant: The driver normally used for XP operating system work in Windows 7. My goal is to install and use my HP ScanJet 6300C work in a computer with Windows 7 operatinig system. This week Windows 7 was installed in my computer. I downloaded the driver that is meant to match my scanner with an XP computer,   sj675en.exe.    I installed the software in my computer and tried to start the scanner software.  

An error message came up:

The title on the error box is:  HP Precision Scan Pro.

The contents of the error box are: Sorry, scanner could not be initialized (scanner not found)

Did I not follow  the procedure that you intended?

Do you have new suggestions?

HP Recommended

I believe you meant: The driver normally used for XP operating system work in Windows 7. My goal is to install and use my HP ScanJet 6300C work in a computer with Windows 7 operatinig system. This week Windows 7 was installed in my computer. I downloaded the driver that is meant to match my scanner with an XP computer,   sj675en.exe.    I installed the software in my computer and tried to start the scanner software.  

An error message came up:

The title on the error box is:  HP Precision Scan Pro.

The contents of the error box are: Sorry, scanner could not be initialized (scanner not found)

Did I not follow  the procedure that you intended?

Do you have new suggestions?

HP Recommended

Dear, I have Downloaded the Driver for Windows XP. and Installed it. Actuallay its an Application with Driver i Believe.

But its not Working with Me.

I have tried to Download only the driver and also the whole Application from HP Site but its not working with me.

Any Suggestions?  how to work with Windows 7

Thanks in advance...

HP Recommended

Some difficult solution.

It works with Linux (xsane) so you can install virtualbox and then ubuntu. Give VirtualBox access to your USB port to work with the scanner. And use shared folders to save in your real installation.

Alternatively you can install ubuntu, or run ubuntu via flash usb.

HP Recommended

On the 6300C (aka C7670A) and the sj675.exe drivers (which were written for XP):

* The sj675.exe drivers  DO work for Windows 7 32-Bit Editions.

* The sj675.exe drivers (for XP) DO NOT work for Windows 7 64-Bit Editions, which is what almost all remaining Windows 7 users are running.

I have verified this difference myself; I had Win7 32-bit and the above drivers (for XP) installed had worked for years. I more recently upgraded to Win7 64-bit with a fresh install, and sj675.exe's drivers didn't work. End of line. 😞

VueScan and its 3rd party drivers look like the only option left for 64-bit Microsoft OSes after XP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.