Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

VisionAiry,

If you work for HP you should be able to find someone in that company that was responsible for the last Smart Print update and find out if they care that it is not compatible with IE10.  HP must have a software and driver development department for their printers.

HP Recommended

That is the plan anyway.  I do not work in that building and will just have to work my way up to the right people. I should know something very soon. Please continue to post suggestions if you like. Once again, thank you for your patience while I look for that department.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

VisionAiry:

I have noticed some events that might be helpful to the software people.  Although Smart Print 2.1 works great with IE9 (on non secure web sites) it does have a problem.  It frequently causes Internet Explorer 9 to crash when closing!  It causes a pop-up that states that Internet Explorer has stopped working. Would also get a pop-up the next time that IE was started stating that IE unexpectedly closed.  I am able to correct this by using the IE Tools/ Manage add-ons and disabling the HP Smart Print add-ons.  This info might help identify the problem with IE10.

Thank's again for your help!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to thank you for your assistance.  Followed your suggestion and was able to retrieve IE 9, Smart Print is now working again for me.  I hope to stay tuned into the IE 10 discussion while the HP smart guys work out the programming issues with Smart Print.

HP Recommended

Frank - I had the same problems (popup stating that IE had stopped working or unexpectedly closed) with IE9 a few months before upgrading to IE10 (reason why I was eager to change to IE10!).  My question to you is: did this happen to you ONLY when you had opened HP Smart Print to use on a web page, or just having HP Smart Print "enabled" being the cause?  I did not make any connections (crashing/closing) when this was happening to me!!!  It seemed to happen too frequently, so now this has me thinking that the last version update on HP S.P. had a flaw.  GLAD YOU ARE HERE ON THIS FORUM HELPING THIS ALONG!!!!  THANKS!

HP Recommended

Mave:

I had been having the problem of crashing IE9 for several weeks before I thought about disabling the HP add-ons.  I think I had to run Smart Print once before it caused the crashing. But it continued to crash without running SP.

Just disabling the HP SP add-ons and restarting IE9 has stopped the crashing.  I did not have to uninstall SP2.1,  just disabled the HP add-ons. I still use SP by enabling the add-ons then disabling them I finish printing.

HP Recommended

Frank - Just to expand some more on the crashes/stoppages - a friend of mine (she is the one who originally told me about the HP Smart Print that she had been using/so that is why I started using it) - I emailed her, and she said she also had been having these problems with IE 9 and went to IE 10 hoping to correct the crashing, etc., and then Smart Print did not work for her either.  My husband has IE 9 and DOES NOT HAVE HP SMART PRINT on his computer - he has not had any crashes, etc when using IE 9.  So the problem is in the last HP S. Print update, because everything worked fine w/IE 9 a few months before.  Hope something will get done by HP on this!      

HP Recommended

Thank you every one for the continued information.  I have not been over-looking this thread.  I am collecting data and experiences like you all are having and continuing my efforts on the "inside" to assist all of you.  I am happy to represent all of your voices and experiences and really hope I can get  a response/resolve very soon but only time will tell.  It may be something that could take the software engineers some time to fix or it could be as simple as a setting I am over-looking.  Either way, just know I am keeping up with this even if I do not respond right away.  Trust me, however, I will keep you updated as soon as I can. Thank you all for your patience and sorry I do not know a time-frame just yet. I am happy to say I am on the right track and that progress is being made. 🙂

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

To all Contributors: as a new member, up to now I have got 20 replies. I have done everithing what was suggested. I agree with FRANK1412 - "There is NOTHIMG that you can do to make Smart Print work correctly with IE10!" - It is morbid

HP Recommended

After the software people fix the bugs, I would like for them to consider changing the Smart Print tool/control box to act like the prior version(1.1.2 ?).  The Version 2.1 is locked and cannot be moved which obscures the view of the page being changed.  The prior version did have a movable tool/control box .

FYI, I have not had any IE9 crashes (IE stopped working or unexpectedly closed) since I disabled the HP SP Add-ons!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.