Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have seen this topic in general (from IE9 to Chrome and updates, etc) turn into heated arguments and all I can say is thank you all for how nice and patient you have been with me.  With all the continued information and attempts at troubleshooting (that has left all of us frustrated) has shown me that HP would truly benefit from perfecting this.  I have spent every second of my spare time reaching out to other patient people as well as trying to find the right soft-hearted soul here who feels the same way as I do.  I look forward to receiving some kind of feedback just as you do from me.  I am grateful for your loyalty here and if I can't find any one who can help, I am completely serious when I say I have already began the process of enrolling into a college approved by HP for software design so that, even if it takes years for me to hand-write the software myself, I will do that so that you know my passion is here with you and having said that I know this company will agree that a "quicker fix" will be beneficial in every aspect.  🙂

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

@VisionAiry wrote:

I am completely beside myself while trying to research this.  I have seen this topic in general (from IE9 to Chrome and updates, etc) turn into heated arguments and all I can say is thank you all for how nice and patient you have been with me.  With all the continued information and attempts at troubleshooting (that has left all of us frustrated) has shown me that HP would truly benefit from perfecting this.  I have spent every second of my spare time reaching out to other patient people as well as trying to find the right soft-hearted soul here who feels the same way as I do.  I look forward to receiving some kind of feedback just as you do from me.  I am grateful for your loyalty here and if I can't find any one who can help, I am completely serious when I say I have already began the process of enrolling into a college approved by HP for software design so that, even if it takes years for me to hand-write the software myself, I will do that so that you know my passion is here with you and having said that I know this company will agree that a "quicker fix" will be beneficial in every aspect.  🙂

Visionary,

I have read this thread and have another aspect to offer.  I have been using IE10 and Smart print with the Bing Bar sucessfully for about 6 months now.  Just after the last Tuesday MS updates push, Smart Print crashed and also YouTube is giving me a nag screen to update to the latest IE.  Unfortunatly for me, I am already at the latest IE, so no upgrade is possible.  I wonder if these two things are related?  Again, it came right after the weekly Tuesday MS update push.

HP Recommended

xJohnnyOx - Which version of HP S. Print have you been using successfully for the last 6 months with IE 10?

HP Recommended

I am so happy to read your post. But so sad to say that I was censored two times when I criticized HP's slyness in my repléies. So: in my IE10 (Windows 7, Home, 32 bit) there are a lot of add-ons

HP Recommended

@Mave6234 wrote:

xJohnnyOx - Which version of HP S. Print have you been using successfully for the last 6 months with IE 10?

I replied to this yesterday, but for some reason it did not post.  I will try again today:

Bing Bar info:

Name:                   Bing Bar
Publisher:              Microsoft Corporation
Type:                   Toolbar
Architecture:           32-bit
Version:                7.1.392.0
File date:              ‎Thursday, ‎June ‎21, ‎2012, ‏‎10:02 AM
Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎April ‎11, ‎2013, ‏‎2 minutes ago
Class ID:               {8DCB7100-DF86-4384-8842-8FA844297B3F}
Use count:              17872
Block count:            42
File:                   BingExt.dll
Folder:                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\7.1.392.0

Smart Print BHO:

Name:                   HP Smart Print BHO
Publisher:              Hewlett-Packard Company
Type:                   Browser Helper Object
Architecture:           32-bit
Version:                1.1.5.1
File date:              ‎Wednesday, ‎October ‎31, ‎2012, ‏‎8:40 PM
Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎April ‎11, ‎2013, ‏‎5 minutes ago
Class ID:               {1658D3A1-9E13-4196-A82A-D70D70880F36}
Use count:              8973
Block count:            3
File:                   QuickPrintBHO.dll
Folder:                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\SmartPrint

I noticied that the HP smart print is now working on some web pages, but not others (like it will work on this one).

I was going to roll back with system restore, but found I do not have but one restore point (fixed that issue, but still no way to roll back right now).  Next step is to remove IE10, bing bar, etc. and try to reload everything.

HP Recommended
Oh, and I am running Windows 7, Pro 64 Bit
HP Recommended

Can you tell me if there's been any action by HP to rectify the Smart Print problem?  I've not been able to stay tuned in on this particular issue over the last several weeks and would really like to this thing get fixed.

Thanks,

JoeD

HP Recommended

Went back to IE 9, deleted bing bar and all previous version of smart print and smart web printing.  Then loaded the V2, standalone smart print.  Only works on some web sites.  Most sites, clicking smart print gets a flash of the button, but the smart print controls do not come up.  Not sure if any progress is being made yet.

HP Recommended

From what I have gathered, the demand to keep up with every web browser has slowed over-all progress on the Smart Print tool.  In order to make it more adaptive to the most popular web browser (in light of the release of the Chromebook), it seems the focus has now turned more towards Smart Print in Google Chrome.  I was able to get full functionality of SP on the basic websites I tried within Google Chrome.  

This page contains all the most recent information on Smart Print and Internet Explorer that I could find which leads me to feel as if the Smart Print function (in conjunction with the Bing Bar) has become a tad bit outdated.  I hope this at least helps a little bit in understanding why now.  Wish I could be of more help but maybe this explains the lack of change in the tool within IE10 for so long.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  I'm traveling right now, once I get back will follow your advice and go back to IE9.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.