Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-r030na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Whenever I try to use HP Smart Print to print a web page on my HP Photosmart 7520 printer, I get an error message, quoting error code 3. The link in the error message window takes me to the HP Smart Print page, and from there there is a link to this forum, however there is nothing in either location which explains what error code 3 is. Can anyone help? I am using IE11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Malcolm5,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are getting an error code 3 when trying to use HP Smart Print.

I am not sure what is meant by error code 3, but I have a feeling that it has to do with an unsupported web browser.

HP Smart Web Printing Software - Internet Explorer 9 and Later Versions are Not Compatible with HP S...

Now, I know Smart Web Printing was replaced by HP Smart Print.

What I found interesting is this: HP Smart Print is a new program replacing HP Smart Web Printing. HP Smart Print is supported in Internet Explorer, version 10 and earlier. (Taken from the previously provided link)

Also, Internet Explorer now as 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

From what I have read in teh following document, I do not believe that Smart Print supports 64-bit Internet Explorer.

HP Printing Products - HP Smart Web Printing Software Replaced by HP Smart Print

Simply put, it seems that Smart Print does not support IE 11 :Crying:

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Malcolm5,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are getting an error code 3 when trying to use HP Smart Print.

I am not sure what is meant by error code 3, but I have a feeling that it has to do with an unsupported web browser.

HP Smart Web Printing Software - Internet Explorer 9 and Later Versions are Not Compatible with HP S...

Now, I know Smart Web Printing was replaced by HP Smart Print.

What I found interesting is this: HP Smart Print is a new program replacing HP Smart Web Printing. HP Smart Print is supported in Internet Explorer, version 10 and earlier. (Taken from the previously provided link)

Also, Internet Explorer now as 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

From what I have read in teh following document, I do not believe that Smart Print supports 64-bit Internet Explorer.

HP Printing Products - HP Smart Web Printing Software Replaced by HP Smart Print

Simply put, it seems that Smart Print does not support IE 11 :Crying:

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Aardvark1,

Thanks. I don't suppose you know if HP have any plans to update Smart Print for IE11 64-bit.

Malcolm5

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.