Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem as everyone else. I have messages about my printer that will not stay deleted. They keep coming back. I do have the latest version, 8.3.34.7 & framework, 12.5.32.37. Has anyone at all figured this out yet? That little yellow triangle is getting annoying. 

HP Recommended

Hello Gary,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with HP support assistant.

Please follow the instructions to disable notification.

1. Open support assistant go to settings.
  2. Under Choose how you would like to be notified.

Uncheck Display an icon in your taskbar.

Uncheck display pop-ups for important warranty status messages and

Lastly, uncheck display pop-ups for important messages that require immediate attention.

3. Click on save at the bottom of the page.

If you need more information you can refer this link: http://hp.care/2bPxkZX

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thatnk, that eliminated the annoying problem in the task bar, but what about fixing the actual problem within the software?  If there is no notification in the task bar, what's the sense of keeping the software installed?  It's eating system resources, but it isn't visually doing anything for you now.

HP Recommended

Hey there!

Thanks for the reply it's good to know that you don't get notifications in taskbar now.

You can go to settings and check install important updates automatically when required.

This will install any latest update left from HP automatically.

Coming to the original question uninstall HPSA from the control panel, programs, and feature.

And install the latest version of HPSA using this link:http://hp.care/2bPLs5s

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have three problems with the HP Assistant I have version 8.3.34.7.  The main  page doesn't show this version so I really don't know where I got it from.

My first problem is that the HP Assistant won't connect after it signs into the HP server. I get only x's on the update screen. I have an HP Envy Desktop 750-120 and two HP Printers that are not getting updated.  It says last checked for updates on 07/31/16..

My second problem is that the HP Assistant doesn't show up in the Control Panel so I'm unable to uninstall/reinstall it. Only  two files HP Support Information and the Hp Solutions Framework are listed.

My third problem is that an error doesn't go away the error says troubleshooting paper cartridge jams but I don't have a paper jam. I have trashed the message and each time I reboot, it reappears.

I can find the HP Assistant software in the HP Recovery Manager, and have reinstalled it from that link but still doesn't fix any of the problems.

My system updated Windows 10 on 08/24/16 and again on 08/31/16.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hey there! Thanks for the reply.

I understand you are unable to uninstall HP support assistant from your PC.

Please follow the instructions using this link to uninstall: http://hp.care/2bMmgJL

And update the HPSA using this link: http://hp.care/2bPLs5s

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I was able to delete the HP assistant but the only software that would delete it was the Microsoft Fixit program. The REVE uninstaller couldn't find the HP Assistant program.

HOWEVER..it's nice to have a new reinstalled version that isn't showing a message I can't delete, BUT...in trying to update the program does connect to the HP Server but still shows x's for the balance of the updates. Must be the new Windows 10 update.

Any suggestions.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey there! Thanks for the reply it's good to know you uninstalled support assistant and the new version is working fine.

As you mentioned that you still see X's for balance updates.

Have you tried to update them? If you don't want the messages to listing every time.

You can follow the instructions.

1. Open HP Support Assistant
  2. In the bottom left-hand corner, you will see "settings," select that.
  3. Once you are in the settings menu chose the "Notifications settings" section.
  4. Change this to "taskbar only" and apply this change.
  5. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This still has not been fixed. I do not want to turn notifictations off, if I wanted to disable notifications I know how to do that. The issue is with the messages for the printer that won't delete, they just keep coming back after you delete them. Yes the yellow exclamation point is annoying, but just turning off that does not correct the issue of why these messages will not go away. I can tell it to remind me later or delete them, but the messages are still there. 

HP Recommended

I started this thread, and I still have the problem.  I installed the latest version of Support Assistant, and the messages disappeared for three days.  They have returned, and there is no way to get rid of them.   I still get the garbage can icon for deleting the messages and not the "X" that others have mentioned.   I have ignored the yellow triangle that warns of messages, but it is annoying to see it.  I plan to wait a couple more weeks to see if HP can come up with fix, and if they don't,  I'll uninstall the Support Assistant.

Gary

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.