Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was having the same problem and i have the hp f300.

(1) cleared all the documents from the queue page

(2) Shut my printer off

(3) Restarted my computer

(4) Turned my printer back on.

After doing this i was able to print what i need to.

Hope this works for you if you have the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

can confirm for Windows10 64bit.

plugged in printer,

windows installed drivers automatically,

first print didnt make it through the printer queue.

It worked using SweetLou1s steps.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Mine will say contacting printer then nothing happens. 

HP Recommended

I get a message saying contacting printer but then nothing happens. 

@gabrielle016 wrote:

I have the same problem. However, mine connects to the printer and is able to print a diagnostics page from my laptop. When it comes to any other document, however, it shows up on the printing queue but disappears without printing anything. 

HP Recommended

SweetLou1's 20151111 steps may work as some HP printers may use a PCL / universal print driver as some printers seem to fill the printer's buffer and just stop printing. Rebooting the printer frees up the buffer (in the printer).

I have a user with the DJ 3050 J610 that acts like that too. It will show a document in the queue that says deleting (user requested it) but it never leaves the queue. (This is Win 10 Pro 32-bit.) I'm using the drivers downloaded from HP. (I don't think it's PCL or UPD drivers.) Sometimes W10 will self-install the printer it will print to a printer but duplexing may not work (3050 doesn't duplex?) or scanning won't work. For this 3050 I got the HP drivers for scanning.

Steps I've used in the past to deleted jobs include restarting the print spooler, or power cycling the printer may let the spooler delete it. Sometimes rebooting the computer and before the print spooler starts up open the queue and re-request the job to be deleted may work too. (Those I found with Win 7 Pro 32-bit.)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.