Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Lisa,

It is good to see someone very nice from HP really taking attention on this. I have the same issue with my Photosmart D110a I got less than a year ago. I can scan okay from Apple Preview for photos (JPEG, TIFF, PDF), but without HP Scan, how are we supposed to get OCR? HP Scan did a fine job of this and was quite accurate, but after upgrading to Mavericks, nothing has worked. The reason I and so many are upset, is that that is one of the reasons we bought these multifunctional printers. It does Airprint and wifi access much more reliable than before, but OCR, which is important to me, is dead in the water. I have also uninstalled, installed and repaired permissions, too.

HP Recommended

This kind of questions really worries me what support we are getting from HP. "We want to rule out usb connection issues....". I am not trying to make you feel bad here Lisa. Its just that HP, as a company of a decent size and producing tons of printers, is it really so hard to get a mac themselves and try to run their printers now after Maverick upgrade to see what crappy solutions people are using as a workaround, and then turnaround and tell us that now everything is ok?

I am surprised after so many months passed HP still hasn't come up with a final solution to fix their software. Thank god I don't depend their printers for work.... but next time I buy a printer, t won't be HP anymore.

HP Recommended

dank voor de info  het werkt

HP Recommended

Hello All,

For Appledog with the D110a, and BluebonnetNJ. With the particular issue that you are having with the scanning. The steps previously stated about making sure that all Apple Updates have been completed, and a verify and repair of the disk permissions has been completed (Disk Utility 12.x: Repair disk permissions). The only options that you do have available for scanning, are the drivers from Apple. I have included the document 'How to Scan: OS X v10.9'. If the options under Scan without HP Software are still failing, I would suggest contacting Apple.

As previously stated in this thread, if the drivers for your printer and Maverick 10.9 are not showing on the HP Software & Download page. It is not going to have the software made. I have included the link http://bit.ly/1kUksiK.

For jli228, this is a troubleshooting step that does need to be performed for the particular situation that afischlin is having. As the software is installed, and is working on another computer, I do need to rule certain things out, to be able to come to a resolution. I would suggest since you do have a Photosmart C7280, to follow the above steps.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, is there the possibility to give a "-1" kudos on this site?

Reading again about disk permission repair, as promised few posts ago, I finally destroyed my useless HP printer (and repaired permissions after that).

I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow, hoping to be able to forget HP as soon is possible and wishing to this big Company to select a better help staff, this is nice but quite ridiculous, I'm sure everybody agrees.

Bye HP, it was nice, when it was working between us 😉 Welcome Canon

HP Recommended

The article mentions HP Scan versons 3.7.x, 3.8.x, 3.9.x, and 4.0. I've installed the latest HP and Apple software for my PhotoSmart C4680 AIO and the HP Scan version is 2.4.0. What's up with that?

HP Recommended

I have the HP Photosmart C5280 PRINTER SCANNER COPIER ...installed Mavericks a couple weeks ago..printer still works...although the scanner does not send picture i scanned to any file or iphoto properly...it is a distorted image..(colors merged together)     ..i have called HP and Apple....and they tell me my HP product is obsolete ....since I bought it in 2007.  .. I am infuriated..... my HP product is is wonderful condition..it worked perfectly with Lion.......such a senseless waste installing Mavericks.....Although, I have found a temporary solution if i do need to scan something...i go to applications...and double click on" image capture" icon ..........i am able to scan using this application.....and send image to iphoto....... ..although the scan is not the quality of the scans i used to achieve before this malfunction occurred.......

HP Recommended

Read the entire blog.  Weep, and consider purchasing from another manufacturer.   HP has absolutely no intention to support their HPSCAN software under Mavericks. They keep blaming Apple for a piece of software that is theirs and only theirs, and they declare a problem solved when it clearly is not.  Their inoperable "solutions" are but a dense tissue of fibs, one after another. This has lasted since October.

HP Recommended
ahah, did you repaired permissions? 🙂
HP Recommended

I have repaired permissions... and contact Apple? The software is from HP... it is called HP Scan. It's like saying to contact Apple if my word processor from somebody else doesn't work.

I guess there IS a solution; buy a new printer/scanner from somebody who will support their products without excuses.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.