Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Using the information provided above, I ran MSCONFIG and looked for the offending service. I didn't find anything under the services tab, but under the Startup tab I found a "Monitor Ink Alerts" listed. Disabling this made the error message stop appearing.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I typed msconfig and could not find the file.  I also looked for the ink alerts under the services tab. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Help!!!

HP Recommended

After exhaustive research...this is the HP Monitor Ink status dll. It is heavily embedded in the computer and is not so straightforward to locate. Here is the path I took: MSConfig / Startup / Monitor Ink - this tells you where the .dll is locatedwithin your system. Follow that specific path and then delete the file. For example, for me it was one of the two paths below (can't remember which of the two now) but as long as you start with MSConfig / Startup it will get you there. You may also want to ensure that it is not running as a Service within MSConfig under the same name (Monitor Ink)

Again, mine was embedded under one of these paths (as an example):

C: Windows / Users / (your name) / Roaming / Startup / Monitor Ink shortcut (delete this)e     or...
C:Windows / Users / (your name) / Roaming / Application Date / Startup / Monitor ink shortcut (delete this)

Like I said, it is heavily embedded and each user configuration may be a bit different so start by finding the path within MSConfig / Startup / Monitor Ink.  Hover over the location and it will identify the exact path.

HP Recommended

For Windows 8 issue RunDLL error (HPStatusBL.dll) check this location:

(Activate hidden files and folders beforehand)

C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

(Maybe depending on who installed the software, check other users if you can't find it in your profile)

Delete the shortcut that HP does not cleanup decently during uninstall:

Monitor Ink Alerts - HP xxxxxxxxxx

It has nothing to do with a service, just a shortcut link that still tries to start what has been uninstalled or deleted.

Good luck everyone 🙂

HP - get your act together!

HP Recommended

I brought the orignal printer and installation disk back to Staples. I don't have it any more. What else can I do to get rid of this message?

HP Recommended
Thanks! that worked for me. I searched for and found the Monitor Ink shortcut and then deleted. No more error messages at startup.
HP Recommended

@Intruderscooter wrote:

After exhaustive research...this is the HP Monitor Ink status dll. It is heavily embedded in the computer and is not so straightforward to locate. Here is the path I took: MSConfig / Startup / Monitor Ink - this tells you where the .dll is locatedwithin your system. Follow that specific path and then delete the file. For example, for me it was one of the two paths below (can't remember which of the two now) but as long as you start with MSConfig / Startup it will get you there. You may also want to ensure that it is not running as a Service within MSConfig under the same name (Monitor Ink)

Again, mine was embedded under one of these paths (as an example):

C: Windows / Users / (your name) / Roaming / Startup / Monitor Ink shortcut (delete this)e     or...
C:Windows / Users / (your name) / Roaming / Application Date / Startup / Monitor ink shortcut (delete this)

Like I said, it is heavily embedded and each user configuration may be a bit different so start by finding the path within MSConfig / Startup / Monitor Ink.  Hover over the location and it will identify the exact path.

I would like to thank you for solving my "RunDLL Error" problem, I used your information and now the error is fixed.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you.  P.S.   Thank You. I wish you a great and wonderful healthy life.

HP Recommended
It helped me- thanks!!
HP Recommended

Is hier iemand mee bekend?

HP Recommended

I dont have a CD, how can I remove the annoying msg?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.