Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi jspio,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank You. it's work

HP Recommended

Hi gmax007,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hey pcwizard. could you msg me the solution? we also have forgotten the password to our m1536dnf.

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi Belhassi, 

Please check your private messages, and let me know if the steps provided resolves your issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

We tried it and got "Permanent Storage Init", but that didnt help. What now?

Hi Belhassi, 

What printer do you have?

This is the only way to clear the password setup in the EWS - Embedded Web Server. It is possible you are being asked to enter a password to access your network?

If not, you will need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Out of Warranty support options

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi PCWizard,

I'm having the same password issue with my M1536dnf.  Can you please send the instructions for clearing the password.

Thank you.

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi Dave, 

Please check your private messages, and let me know if the steps provided resolves your issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Belhassi, 

The reset which was posted should reset the password to access the security settings in the EWS - Embedded Web Server. If you are referring to a different password please give me more details on where you are being asked for the password. If this is the password to connect to your home network you will need to speak with the person that setup your network or the router manufacture to help reset this password.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi PCWizard,

I'm having the same password issue with my M1536dnf.  Can you please send the instructions for clearing the password.  

Additionally, are there any requirements on the password that is to be created?  ie, 12 characters max, allowed character set? 

Thank you.

Greg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.