Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After my trial ink ran out on the HP Photosmart 7520 I installed a non-hp ink cartridge.  It prints fine but EVERY SINGLE TIME I print anything I get a pop up saying I have a non-hp cartridge installed and the quality cannot be guaranteed.  It then gives me the option to shop HP online, cancel the print, or click ok to close it.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I print a lot of pages and this is extremely annoying.  There is no "do not show this message in the future" option.  How can I make this stop popping up???? 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello,

Try a hard reset with the printer.

Hard Reset:

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Take out the toner/cartridges

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector)

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome

HP Recommended

Still getting the pop up.

HP Recommended

"After my trial ink ran out on the HP Photosmart 7520 I installed a non-hp ink cartridge.  It prints fine but EVERY SINGLE TIME I print anything I get a pop up saying I have a non-hp cartridge installed and the quality cannot be guaranteed.  It then gives me the option to shop HP online, cancel the print, or click ok to close it.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I print a lot of pages and this is extremely annoying.  There is no "do not show this message in the future" option.  How can I make this stop popping up???? "

OK, you're receiving this error because of the non HP cartridge you've installed. This message can be bypassed by selecting OK; it will not go away until you install HP ink. Until then you should be able to print.

HP Recommended

Wow, HP really makes it annoying to not use their products.

HP Recommended

The sensors don't recognize the cartridge, which doesn’t mean you can't use non HP cartridges. You should be fine with printing; the con of it is, you will have to bypass the error on every print job.

HP Recommended

Like you I find this practice both annoying and underhand. I am sure that there is a legal issue here but I have not got the time to waste perusing it., Fortunately HP printers don't last that long so when it dies - I wont be buying another. I cant stop it from happening but I have a small piece of code that runs in background, every couple of seconds it looks for that window and if it finds it it kills it. The symptoms are fixed but the disease is still there. If there is enough interest I will post the exe on a public site.

HP Recommended
Like you I find this practice both annoying and underhand. I am sure that there is a legal issue here but I have not got the time to waste perusing it., Fortunately HP printers don't last that long so when it dies - I wont be buying another. I cant stop it from happening but I have a small piece of code that runs in background, every couple of seconds it looks for that window and if it finds it it kills it. The symptoms are fixed but the disease is still there. If there is enough interest I will post the exe on a public site.
HP Recommended
I have a HP 7520. I did the hard restart and it worked great.
I use Cartridge World cartridges
HP Recommended

YOU are a genius !!!!!!!!!!   i was really hoping this would work and it did ! I appreciate the help and this is wonderful that an HP employee posted helpful info !

i have a 309c printer and this worked i followed your instructions exactly, down to the wall plug and all i can say is a truly grateful THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.