Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I  print as a "reverse or mirror image" on the HP Officejet Pro 8600 model # N911a

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Redflower,

What program are you trying to print from, or are you trying to get a mirror image while copying?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

i AM TRYING TO PRINT A PICTURE CREATED IN A "WORD DOCUMENT"

HP Recommended

All right, this printer's drivers do not have built in support for printing a page in reverse.  Some programs will have support built into them, but Microsoft Word does not.

The best way to achieve a reverse image print like you are asking for would be to take a screen shot of the document in question or use the Snipping tool, open the created image in Paint and use the Rotate -> Flip horizontal option to get your mirror image.  You can then print directly from Paint. 

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Your suggestion given about reverse image by creating image in paint & use rotate/flip horizontal does not produce a mirror image. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have spent hours figuring out how to print a t-shirt transfer since my new HP printer doesn't seem to allow for mirror image printing (yet my old HP printer easily let me select this feature).   Here's what worked for me, using Word 2010:

1. Create the text and insert any images  into the document as you normally would.
  2. Go to Insert / WordArt and chose a style of lettering (I don’t think it matters what you choose since you will be cutting and pasting the data from 1 above).   A text box will appear and a new "double-decker" tab will appear at the right (Drawing Tools on top and Format below).
  3. Copy what you created in step 1 and paste it into the text box.
  4. Click on the Format tab (the cursor must be inside the text box for the Format tab to be visible).
  5. Choose Text Effects / 3-D Options and then 3-D Rotation Options.  A dialogue box will open.  For the X value, enter 180.  Do not enter anything for the other values.  Your image should have rotated to mirror image.
  6. Click Close and save your document.
  7. You should now be able to print your document as usual.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I'm trying to print from microsoft photo viewer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.