Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have some grey sale (black & white) photos that I have scanned from my family album.  Some are small wallet sized and some even smaller.  When I try to print these, I do not see an option to print them at their original size on 4x6 and larger.  I want them original size for both the quality and to fit some antique frames that require small photos.  How do I print them in the desired size on my HP Photosmart Printer?  Thanks for the help. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use HP Photo Creations (which comes with your printer) to print. You can put few photos on one 4x6 sheet, can make them smaller/bigger. You can also download HP Photo Creations from the following link and install to your computer:

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have HP photo creations but cannot see how to get multiple pictures on a single 4 x 6 piece of photo paper.  I have the paper set at 4 x 6 but cannot change the size of the photo and therefore cannot get more than 1 per page.  Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can use many ways But for simple task, please use the following steps:

(a) Open HP Photo Creations,

(b) Select Quick Print,

(c) Select Multi up prints

You can use many preset-templates there or buy (yes, buy online) others (if applicable)

You can also select Collage prints and use preset-templates ....

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi RonPete.

As Banhien said, the Multi-Up Prints project is a good starting point. You can change the size of the images under Advanced Settings on the print panel. Setting Image Scaling to 50%, as shown below, will fit four images on the sheet, with each being 2x3 inches. Choosing 25% scaling will create 16 1x1.5 images. (The percentage refers to width, not area.)

Be sure to set Grid Spacing to None. That removes the margin around the images.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

4-up on 4x6

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Thank you both for the suggestions.  They have allowed me to figure out how to do what I wanted to do.  It is still an awkward way to get this job done but it works.  However, how do you print black & white/grayscale prints to print this way.  I can only get colour prints.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi RonPete.

Immediately after loading your photos, click any photo to open its toolbar. To apply a tint, click the Tint button. This video shows tinting at 5:47. We also demonstrate several other effects, such as airbrushing.

To add text, borders, and graphics, start with the Collage Prints project instead.

If you want to print every photo on the page in black and white, click the Printer Settings link on the print panel and see if your printer offers a grayscale mode. On our Photosmart 7510, that was a choice under Color Options in the printer's own control panel. 

HP Photo Creations Tint

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Thanks Rocketlife, I'll try that.  Hope it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.