Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Wolf10, sorry that you are having a problem with scanning multiple pages. 

You can scan multiple documents through the top automatic feeder. The same way you scan that one page, do it the same way, but use the top feeder. 

Press scan on the touch screen or you can do it from the software on the computer. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Hello Wolf10,

Please perform the below steps that should help you perform Multiple scan...

1> Load the first document to be scanned on the Scan Glass.

2> Click the Windows icon (Start ) > click All Programs >, click the HP folder, click the name of your printer, and then click HP Scan . .

3> The preview of the first document will be displayed , then

4> Remove the first document from the Scan glass and place the 2nd document on the Glass , then

5> on Computer , under scan application , on left , click on the "+" ( plus ) sign. Which will now display the preview of the 2nd document .

6> Repeat step (4) and step (5), untill you have scanned all the documents.

7> then Click on "Save" button, and save the scanned documents/pictures in a desired location.

8> Then Click on DONE to exit from the Scan Application.

Regards,

Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .

< ----Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

See a great post? Give it a Kudos! ---->

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Another note on scanning multiple pages. I couldn't find the "plus" icon described until I switched the dpi setting from 600 back to 300.

HP Recommended
I understand that the "+" sign is very small, but it has got nothing to do with the scan resolution 600 / 300 dpi.
The + sign is in application.

Anyways, were you able scan multiple documents ?

Regards,
Jabzi.
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

For whatever reason, I can only scan multiple pages in application on 300 dpi and lower but not the 600 or higher.  I just checked again to make sure I didn't miss it the first time, but with no luck.  Yes, I was able to get the multiple pages scanned into one document.  Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

It looks like an option to add additional pages is not available when scanning to email... Am I missing something?

HP Recommended

You may not be missing anything if you are using the Scan to Email from the front panel of the printer.  This app was designed to work with printers with automatic document feeders which you do not have on the Photosmart 6520.  You should see a place that offers you the chance to add more pages if so.  

I would like to ask then, are you using the front panel of the printer to send an email or are you trying to initiate a multi-page scan using the computer?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

No, when I choose the pdf option on the front panel to scan, it only allows me to load one paper to the document and then creates a pdf with the single page.

HP Recommended
There isn't a top automatic feeder on this model!!
HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 HomePremium and attempted the method that Professor suggested.  After scanning the first page,  the "save as" window pops up so I can select where to save the document.  There is no "+" sign.  This is really frustrating.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.