Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I printed out the "Wireless Network Test Results" test page. I received the following error message: "The wireless radio on your HP printer is currently turned OFF."   I have visited various hp pages but there is no information on how to turn on the wireless radio on the hp 2540 printer. Can someone help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @RayHarris !

Thanks for chatting on the HP forums!

I can see you would like to know how to get the WiFi turned on in the HP DeskJet 2450.  I'd be happy to provide you with some documentation on WiFi setup.

To turn on the WiFi radio within the printer you need to press the WiFi button located bellow the red (X) on the printer.

Deskjet_2540.jpg

Pressing the wifi button will only turn on the wifi radio, it will not connect the printer to your network.  I can see by whats provided by HP that this printers main WiFi setup is done via USB to wireless. I located documentation on setting up the  HP DeskJet 2450.  Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Deskjet 2540 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2.... This document will explain the process on connecting WiFi using the HP software with the USB temporarily connected.

Let me know if this was useful information! Please post back with the results of your troubleshooting.

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.