Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I click the Start Scan button on the printer, a menu presents itself and I scroll to Scan to Computer and then Doc to Pdf file.  It scans the document correctly and places the file in the directory c:\users\admin\documents\myscans.  I had to reinstall the software and drivers recently and am trying to get my printer back to when I had it save the files to another directory.  How can I accomplish this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try to change location in Destination tab as shown:

sc_dest.png

(a) Double click printer icon on desktop,

(b) Select Scan a Document or Photo,

(c) Click Adcanced settings ...

(d) Browse your folders and select a location,

(e) Click OK/Apply

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't have a printer icon on my desktop.

HP Recommended

@hootenanny wrote:

I don't have a printer icon on my desktop.

Hi,

Looks like you have not installed printer software and drivers properly. Please try

(a) Hit Win key on the keyboard,

(b) Locate and expand HP folder,

(c) Double click your printer.

You can right click and pin your printer icon on desktop.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

None of those suggestions helped.  I did get to pin a printer to my desktop but there's no options listed there to scan a document.  I tried to go into the HP Solutions Center where there is an option to scan , go into scan settings and customize the front panel buttons.  I have the proper save location noted but it won't save it to that location just the standard users\admin\documents\myscans.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.