Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How to change wireless printer network setting (SSID) when you change your router or
if you moved to a new network.

Connect printer with router via ethernet cable
On any computer on the network, search for network printer in "add printer"
It will show IP address of printer (example; 192.168.1.8)
Put IP address in browser's address bar
You will see your printer set up config. screen
change wireless settings under "Network settings"
Remove the hard wire cable from router that connects to printer.
Now search again "Add a printer"
follow the directions.
Done

Landau Scrubs

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

my printer does not have an ethernet port.  I moved and need to change the wireless printer ssid.  How is done if I cannot directly connect it to the router?  Put in the disc that came with the printer and it locks up.  Downloaded software from the HP site (after removing the printer from computer) but nothing is working .

HP Recommended

Thanks for the detailed instructions--worked like a charm for us. (We had a possible security breach and had to reset our network passwords.) However, we did not need to reinstall/add the printer.

HP Recommended

It is not finding the printer when I select "Add a printer"...

HP Recommended

Hi pretty_lucky,

What model is your printer and what operating system are you using?

Also, your router brand and model and are you running any internet security or firewall software such as Norton, BitDefender, etc.?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Cam anyone answer my question? How to change wireless printer network setting (SSID)?

HP Recommended

What we the detailed instructions?

HP Recommended

Hi tom555cat,

Do you want to change the SSID of your network or your printer?

If the printer, use the Wireless Setup Wizard in the wireless menu on your printer front panel to connect the printer to the router. If your printer doesnt have Wireless Setup Wizard, try WPS or run the printer software to connect the printer.

Once connected, your printer should display an IP address. Type that IP address into the addressbar of your web browser to enter the printer's EWS.

In the EWS, click the Network tab. Click WIreless Direct Printing. CLick Turn On. Click Edit Settings. Type in the custom SSID.

Note: You are only allowed to change the last portion of your printer's SSID. The first part will always stay the same - original SSID: HP-Setup-C2-ENVY 4500 series. new SSID: HP-Setup-C2-MyPrinter.

Please click the blue Kudos star in the post that resolved your problem. Doing so will help other forum members find their solutions too.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have just changed to a new ISP but the ethernet cable will not connect to the printer.

How do I set up the wireless printer please?

HP Recommended

Hi GemX,

Which model is your HP printer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.