Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CP1525nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My CP1525nw displayed the error message "Firmware Corrupt Ready to Download" after years of use. I never updated any firmware but I recevied the error one day out of the blue.  I researched the issue, deleted the printer, reinstalled the driver and the firmware update will not complete since the computer cannot even see the printer via USB or ethernet. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Any way to do a hard reset to get the printer to accept an update of the firmware?

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1525-color-printer-series/4052975/...

This is the link for the firmware update.

If the RFU is waiting for an update, chances are that a cold reset will just waste 10 minutes of your tine.

Use the USB version of the install, not the network push.  This essentially turns the machine's memory into a B drive for you to send the firmware. 

Well, it may work via the network port by direct connect through a crossover cable, but the chances are not in your favor.  If you have a cross over cable handy, give it a shot.  But chances are so low that I would not suggest buying one.   

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the firmware updater but there is no option for USB updating. I have the printer plugged into my Windows 10 machine but the updater will not see the printer. It will only see the previously installed driver for the printer but since the printer's firmware is corrupted it shows the printer as offline.

Is there some other firmware installer that I am not seeing for the USB? When I plug in the USB cable to the laptop and printer I do hear a chime so its being seen.

HP Recommended

Have the same problem as everyone else with my CP1525nw "Firmware corrupe ready 2 download". Cannot add the printer since it's not recognized.  Tried everything and nothing seem to work.  They have to be some solution for this.  Purchase ink over six months ago and cannot use it.  Please help.

HP Recommended

Don't expect too much help, I called the tech support number yesterday and was told that my serial number is not in their system (how convenient), so I'd have to dig up the receipt from purchase to get support....  Who keeps random receipts for a year?  The amount of purchases I make in a year would require a filing cabinet.  The problem is their firmware is jacked up and since we spent in some cases $500 to $1000 dollars on a printer and supplies, you'd think they'd just put a downloadable fix on the site, that we could download and install.  You know, to stand behind their product an all....  Tech support on the phone 'says' they have a fix, they just want to you to pay them, then they mention that the fix isn't guaranteed.  Well how do you know your 'fix' isn't the exact remedy I've already tried?  You don't until you pay then find out it's nothing more than the basic trouble shooting we've already done.  Here is why HP is having so many issues as a brand.  You used to be able to purchase their goods and they lasted.  Now they sell you a product and it turns out to be a lemon, and they have no interest in making thing right.  I used to buy exclusively HP, now ....nope.

HP Recommended

@riles723

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I understand you've had issues getting the right support and to help you out, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why would you expect us to "give you a virtual High 5" when you have not fixed anything... I believe a Virtual Slap in the Face is more appropriate.

This began as one person's complaint which has now been duplicated numerous times...

Clearly this is not an isolated issue.

If you can't or won't fix it... Grow Up and ADMIT you Can't Fix IT...

These childish and immature games are the reason customers resent you.   Everyone is willing to hear the truth... If it is a corporate mistake.. so be it... if you have no intentions of fixing it... So be it... Just Admit it.

Don't respond to legitimate issues with a blanket "we are going get in contact with you..." it minimizes a problem and patronizes the customers.

HP Recommended
I too have just received this error, why isn't there a publicly available fix!? I can't update the firmware because the printer and PC aren't communicating!
HP Recommended

Hi @SSANCHEZZ,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. 🙂 A very good day to you! 🙂 I read the post regarding firmware errors with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Superb effort and spectacular research were done as well. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 . I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent power surge or outage?
  • Please let me know the operating system of the computer?

For a start perform these steps:

• Please keep checking your private message for an NVRAM reset that I will send shortly.
  • Please perform these steps. Then update the printer firmware from this link: http://hp.care/2rHKwDD and this should fix the issue if the printer does not have a hardware issue.

If the issue persists, then please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a superb week ahead. 🙂  

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @SSANCHEZZ,

Please find the steps to perform an NVRAM reset on the printer.

This will be sent to you in a private message.

Take care and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.