Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Up until April 4, 2017, when HP Easy Scan's updated - Version 1.8.0 - my Mac Sierra 10.12.4 worked fine with my HP Easy Scan. Now the scanner no longer can locate my computer. Any specific steps I can take to get the Easy Scan to scan again?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this:

From the Applications folder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan app.
Delete HP Scan or HP Easy Scan by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Ensure the latest software is installed, use this link for your printer:

macOS X : HP Easy Scan
https://goo.gl/zBChKC

Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date

> Click on the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update
>Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Hope that helps!

macOS X drivers support
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034#Apple_ASU

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended
I was about to try this - but then the scanner started to work. And after a day of this - it again stopped 'talking' with my mac. I will try your solution later this week and let you know the results.

One concern - all was well with my HP Easy Scan until this recent automatic update on April 4, 2017. I have concerns that if I do as you suggest- and get the recent updates, my scanner will still be on/off - & mostly off. Any further suggestions here are welcome. And thanks very much for your help here.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try this instead of reinstalling:

macOS 10 12 Sierra: Adding a printer using IP address

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended
Thanks- just before I try this I'd like to check with you- might this effect access to our printer from the other computers that access it remotely within my home? Right now all computers can work fine with the printer- it's just the scanner on HP Easy scan that is not working reliably since the April 4, 2017 automatic update. Thanks in advance for any advice here.
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's only for that PC that you try to detect by IP address.  No other connected devices should be affected.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Thanks for this help. I have an on-line help session with Apple computer for another issue tomorrow- and I will run your suggestions by them for their additional support. I'm new to Mac and feel it would be helpful for them to walk me through these steps. I will let you know how things go. Again, I appreciate your help with this timely matter.
HP Recommended

Hi @bbmime

Thanks for informing.

Do let us know how it turns out or if there is anything you that you've learnt to share with others on this Forum.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hello. I successfully applied the IP address of the printer & selected it - but no scanner option appears. When I click on HP Easy Scan icon - the same problem continues - where it is searching to find my computer and cannot.

Hopefully my short consult with Apple may help.

If only I didn't get that automatic update on April 4th for my Easy Scan then I'd be okay. If you have any further suggestions to help I'd appreciate it.
HP Recommended

Hello - I've just spend over 2 hours with Apple Care to explore resolutions to this problem. Sad to say they could not resolve this HP Easy Scan issue. They did varify that my operating system is working fine for my Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.4.  They walked me through all the suggestions you gave earlier - except reloading my Mac Operating system - since they checked that it is fine. 

We did get the scanner to work when I started my mac in Safe Mode -  but when in 'normal' mode, HP Easy Scan did not 'find' my computer in order to scan.

The Apple Care concluded that the issue is not with the Mac - but lies with the April 4th Easy Scan Update - when all these problems started. From reading some other comments by mac users - it appears that about 50% of us users experience unreliable connections with HP Easy Scan's April 4th update.

It is my hope that HP Easy Scan corrects this issue in the next update so I can use my mac normally when scanning. If there is a new corrected update - I'd really appreciate hearing of this. Thanks for all your efforts to date.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.