Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI n1naz,

Restore the network default settings on your product

Follow these steps to restore the network default settings on your HP product.

1. From the home screen on the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup . The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch Network . The Network menu displays.
  3. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Restore Network Defaults .
  4. Touch Yes to confirm your selection. The network default settings are restored on your product.

Let me know if you are able to access the EWS page?
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

OK that fixed the network how do I reset the password  I cant remember my password I assigned a year ago

HP Recommended

Never mind

HP Recommended

Hi n1naz,

Glad to hear that resolved your issue. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I am also trying to retrieve my user name and password which apparently are "stored, encrypted, in the printer memory." Please advise how to retrieve this information!!

HP Recommended

Hi dawson117,

What printer do you have?

What is the operating system on your computer?

How do you have the printer connected?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have an HP 8600 and am needing the factory admin password

HP Recommended

Hi scraig1024,

There is no default password setup on the printers. If someone setup a password you should be able to clear it by restoring the network defaults from the front panel of the printer.

1. Press Setup (Wrench)

2. Scroll to Network Menu

3. Scroll to Restore Network Defaults, and then press ok

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Dear PCWizard,

I see you have helped many with the problem of not knowing your "user name & password".  I too have this problem but I am using a Mac.  Can you give me instructions on how to reset  my user name & password when using a Mac?  

Thank You,

rhonda 

HP Recommended

Hi RhondaFJ,

If you have the Officejet 8600 printer the solution is on Message 15. If you do not have the OJ 8600 please let me know what printer you have?

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.