Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet J4680

I have an OfficeJet J46580 All in One printer. I want to scan documents to a pdf file.  How can I do this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @gmael,

I understand you would like to scan documents with your HP Officejet J4680. I will be happy to help.

Below I have posted links to documents that offer instructions on how to scan with your HP Officejet J4680.

HP Printers - Scan from the Computer with HP Solution Center (Windows)

HP Printers - How to Scan to a Mac (OS X)

I also found this information in the User Manual.

Scan an original (direct connection)
Use the following steps if your device is directly connected to a computer via a USB cable.
When the scan is complete, the scanned document will be in the location you selected.
To scan from the device control panel (direct connect)
1. Load the original. For more information, see Load originals.
2. Press the left arrow or the right arrow to select the Scan function, and then press OK.
3. Press the right arrow to select what to do with the scan, and then press OK.
4. Press Start.

Please try out the steps above, and let me know the results.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

I have a j4680 scanner etc. How do I Scan documents to pdf files.

HP Recommended

Hi @Tiedcottage

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to scan documents to PDF files.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

·         What is an exact model of your printer?

·         What is the operating system you are using?

·         Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article to scan to PDF files.

For Windows: http://hp.care/2q54ADb

For Mac: http://hp.care/2q4CyHV

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.