Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and I want to print A9 size envelopes, but there is not a Paper Size option for them.  These are the standard Half Fold greeting card envelopes found in Avery products and measure 5.75" by 8.75".  When trying to print this envelope I noticed there is no option for creating custom paper sizes.  Is it not there or am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Did you ever find out if you can print an A9 envelope from your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus? I am not happy about not being able to print this size envelope.
HP Recommended

I called Hp (1-800-474-6836) and tried to do it. The guy hocked onto my computer and tried to do it. It didn't work. Took over a hour of his messing around and no results. Was told my 8600 software will not allow me to print half fold. And I need to get a envelope software from somewhere else. I was sent 4 envelope software programs.

One was 129.00, ya right.

The other doesn't do A9 either, ya right

the other I haven't tried yet.

Here's the message they (HP) sent me:

Dear Bill Ross,

Hewlett-Packard is pleased to provide the following documentation via e-mail. Click the link below to view the document in its original form.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Series Printer Series (N911) Product Specifications[c02858465]

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printers (N911) - 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the All-in-One[c02915719]

HP Printables have been retired (as of October 31, 2016)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05147275

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printers (N911) - More Than One Page at a Time Feeds through the All-in-One[c02917294]

Here are the links that you can use for editing sizes for your envelopes printing,

Hopefully this work for us.

Copy and Paste to the address bar to access the link.

http://www.amphis-software.com/print-customer-envelope.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/create-and-print-a-single-envelope-HP005186116.aspx

http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/publishing/articles/106861.aspx

If this does not fully answer your questions or further technical support is needed, please reply to this e-mail or visit the Customer Care Web site at:

HP Customer Care Website

Thank you for contacting HP,

Irwin

Your Customer Care Representative

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, HP does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information. Always back up your data. For more information, including technical information updates, please visit our Web site at http://www.hp.com/support.

Man, what a mess. I print them all the time. Nice printer except for that, and coustmer service comes from Phillipines.
Bill

HP Recommended

I too had problems trying to print an envelope 5.75 x 8.75 which is also called an A9 size envelope. I use this size for folding an 8.5" by 11" paper for greeting or birthday cards.

Don't ask me why I used this size but after several denials with my 8600 HP Officejet Printer, I went into Page Setup of Microsoft Word, selected the Paper tab and chose STATEMENT under the Paper size window.

This gives you a Width of 5.5" and Height of 8.5" which is close to the size envelope you are trying to print.

Choose Tray 1 and click OK.

You can place any Graphics or Text in your document but may have to make small adjustments for perfect placement.

Objects need to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise and text orientation down for correct alignment.

Good Luck with this setup and workaround. 

Hey Microsoft program designers, how about just including this size envelope (A9) in future programs. it can't be that hard!

HP Recommended

I have Microsoft Word 2010. Thank you for the tip of selecting paper size STATEMENT for printing A9 envelopes. This is what I did and it worked:

Under Print>Printer Properties> Paper Quality> Paper Size> STATEMENT.  Then Paper Quality > Media I chose think plain paper.  Then also under Print>Page Set Up (different link than Properties)>Paper>Paper Size I chose STATEMENT.

Thank you, we are printing wedding invitations and were about to give up and print labels!

HP Recommended

I don't like to take "no" for an answer. Glad I could help and good luck with your wedding!

HP Recommended

Thanks for not complaining,

Not a tech, did resolve for 4500 in ms word.  Need 2 day to post. This should work for all printers.

HP Recommended

A workaround - I created a Word document, Layout, Page Setup, Size, More Paper Sizes..., Custom size 5.75 W x 8.75 H.    Printer properties Factory Defaults, Paper size: Letter, Paper Source: Automatically Select.  I was able to print the A9 Envelope with no issues on a HP 8216.  A perk, you can add a database to your Word document and print numerous envelopes. 

HP Recommended

Using the Hallmark software you will need to change the envelope size to Single-Fold 162mm x 229mm C5.  You may have to adjust where you type the "send to" address but it will pull it through the feeder and print it.  I moved the address down just a little and it worked.  If you don't get it right the first time make another adjustment and try again.  It looks like we have to change it each time we print an envelope but I can do that until I figure out something in the set-up.  I'm just tickled that it's printing because I send a lot of cards.  

I contacted Hallmark and they asked me if the error message was on the computer or the printer.  It read paper mismatch on the printer so they said it wasn't a software problem.  Earlier HP told me it was an app (Hallmark) problem.

If its a driver issue I wish HP would provide a driver for the single-fold A9 envelope for the HP 8720.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.