Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thank you so much! I bought some very good, ink jet photo paper today and it solves the problem. I didn't think to check pkgs to see if they were ink jet compatible....just thought photo paper would do. Thanks again for your help.
HP Recommended

This paper is the same that had very good results previously.  

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart Premium C310a All-In-One, out of warranty, just began with the "ink smearing/wet when printing photos" aggravation.  Cleaning cartridges and print heads does not help.  I am using and have always used genuine HP 564 ink carts for this unit and HP photo papers, although the problem manifested when using "HP Everyday Photo Paper" rather than one of the premium varieties.  I should not think the paper is the problem.  Is is indeed specified  INKJET paper and the HP Photosmart should print on it just fine, like it did last week on the same paper.

So my question seems to be WHY is this happening and IS there a solution?  HP Support wants big bucks to talk to me, even by email, even though I spend close to $1000/year on inkjet cartridges for this printer. 

Nobody I've read on this forum so far seems to have any idea what the problem may be, much less a solution.  Ok, you folks out there, SOMEbody has an answer, so please post it.

Thanks, BC45

HP Recommended

@BC45 wrote:

HP Photosmart Premium C310a All-In-One, out of warranty, just began with the "ink smearing/wet when printing photos" aggravation.  Cleaning cartridges and print heads does not help.  I am using and have always used genuine HP 564 ink carts for this unit and HP photo papers, although the problem manifested when using "HP Everyday Photo Paper" rather than one of the premium varieties.  I should not think the paper is the problem.  Is is indeed specified  INKJET paper and the HP Photosmart should print on it just fine, like it did last week on the same paper. [snip]

Make sure you have selected the proper paper type in the driver settings - there is a big difference between the ink that will be put down for different media types.  I would suggest seelcting the "HP Everyday Photo Paper" explicitly rather than relying on Automatic paper type detection.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

The problem of smearing and wet ink occurred when using HP Advanced photo paper that came with the HP All-in-One 6525.  I found some photo paper from Germany that seems to be much better. Why would HP put out such a product?  Did the company not test It???

George

HP Recommended

George, the paper does not seem to be the problem since prints last week on the same paper were just fine, but this week began smearing and won't dry.

HP Recommended
Nice try, Bob, thanks, but it did not help to reset the paper type. Still wet, still smears, runs and won't dry. I suppose HP wants me to buy a new printer, but I still have a couple of sets of carts on the shelf to use up before considering a replacement.
HP Recommended

How odd that this question is marked as resolved, when the other comments (and my experience) suggests that it is far from resolved. Just because you say it's resolved doesn't mean it is.

HP Recommended

PROBLEM RESOLVED BY TURNING THE PAPER OVER TO PRINT ON THE CORRECT SIDE.  DUH.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.