Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After installing new ink cartridges that came with HP C7280 All in One an ink system failure error 0xc18a0201 occured.  Can't find referrence to this error code any where.  What is it and how do I correct it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found this solution for a C5180 Ink System Failure....and assumed/hoped the firmware was the same....it worked!!

Press and hold the “left arrow” key.

Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.

Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

Press and release the “OK” button

1.       Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.

2.       Press and release the “OK” button.

3.       Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,

4.       Press and release the “OK” button.

5.       Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. 

6.       Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

7.       Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

8.       Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

9.       Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

10.   Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.

11.   If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

12.   To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.

NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended
Cindy...did you ever get this solved?  I am getting same error message on my C6180..
HP Recommended

Sorry Gwen,

My printer still doesn't work and I haven't gotten a response from anyone.  Let me know if you figure it out. 

HP Recommended
I suggest you both call HP tech support as depending on the 0x error code, they'll either replace it or fix it.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

I found this solution for a C5180 Ink System Failure....and assumed/hoped the firmware was the same....it worked!!

Press and hold the “left arrow” key.

Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.

Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

Press and release the “OK” button

1.       Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.

2.       Press and release the “OK” button.

3.       Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,

4.       Press and release the “OK” button.

5.       Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. 

6.       Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

7.       Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

8.       Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

9.       Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

10.   Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.

11.   If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

12.   To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.

NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.

HP Recommended

This link helped me with the same problem.  Hope and pray it will help you.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/56386#1

HP Recommended

Here is the link that helped me with the same problem: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/56386#1

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I was so frustrated after trying to solve my problem for over four hours. Then I saw your posting. I followed your instructions and the problem was solved. I have an HP Photosmart 6180 all-in-one printer.

You are a lifesaver!

HP Recommended

done this procedure on my c5183....and the problem's solved..thanks a lot !

HP Recommended

Wow!  it worked, thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.