Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

keven     no the error message still on the printer i tried removing the ink turning the machine off resetting it by holding down the # key and the 6 key at the same time to reset the machine still no progress

HP Recommended

What is the exact model of printer you have?  Did the reset actually work at restoring the printer to its "like new" condition (meaning, did you see "out-of box" questions like a language reset) or did anything change at all?  Some generic steps to try is to clean the contacts on the back of the printhead or ink cartridges if you can.  That is about all the help I can be until I know what kind of printer you have.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

so how is this problem fixed????

HP Recommended

@puk1947 - did you try the suggestions at the beginning of the thread?  Are you saying you still have the error message?  If the steps in the 5th and 6th post of the thread do not help you, then what kind of printer do you have?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

i have the same problem and cannot find any solution anywhere ... 

how comes that no solution cannot be found ??? 

I tried all suggested one , like resetting the printer, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HP Recommended

@falket, you can follow this document to try and resolve this issue you're having. 

HP Recommended

Dear friend working at HP,

i have tried that document too several times without success, i am on this problem since 3 days now, i have called upon HP Italy support assistance where I put the telephone down after 10 minutes of paying call without getting nowhere. I then turned to the various forum on the web whre I found that lots of ppl solved the issue after getting into the suggested

" enter special key combo + system configuration menu + hardweare failure status + etc. etc. "

I have performed that too without success, the error keeps coming up.

I even changed the inside 2032 battery and since I found a faulty capacitor I have changed all four, without success.

I have also did the reset steps by steps, I also did the taking out and get back the color cartridges, etc. etc. 

NOTHING !!! I still have the same problem, ink system failure Error 0xc18a0201 ... 

In between all these trying to solve the problems, i managed to get once a print of the diagnosy auto-test and once a print report, several time my PC gave order to print, I can see the order getting through 50% then the error comes up.

I am loosing total confidence about solving this problem and feel depressed that i have to throw away this still very nice machine. It still does scanner operation though.

Do you think you can give me better suggestion about solving this issue ??

best regards, falket, italy 

HP Recommended

If you've already done all the steps in the document then you will need to either replace the cartridges, and if that doesn't resolve the issue the last step such as the document says 

Solution five: Service the product

It seems you have done everything already. I would suggest the steps above if you haven't already done so.

HP Recommended
left kudos and thanks much appreciated, best regards, falket, italy
HP Recommended

No problem let me know the outcome. 

Thanks for the KUDOS!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.