Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The information provided by "kwm9012" worked like a charm for fixing this error with my HP 6180 All In One Photosmart Printer. 

I followed his instructions too quickly the first time and had to retrace my steps the second time.. The second time worked perfectly. 

This is the second time this error happened to my printer. Don't know if it's due to it's age which is about 5-8 years old but i have placed a copy  of the instructions underneath the printer for future possible use.

HP Recommended

My Printer: Photosmart 3210xi

Hi. I see that these resolutions work for a lot of people. But I could not get past step one on either (I'm referring to yours and the one that is very simliar just below yours with the fixyourownprinter link).

So, I have seen 2 versions of this step and I have the same issue with both.

VERSION 1:
Press and hold the “left arrow” key. [what left arrow key? There're two on the keyboard proper and two on the printer...well, I tried this combination using each one = no response.] 
Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.

VERSION 2:
Press and hold the “*” key. [which "*" key? There's one that is also the 8 key on the keyboard proper, and one on the number pad...well, I tried this combination using each one = no response.]
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys. [I assume this means the 3 key. Since it does not say "3" does that mean I have to hold down the Shift key when pressing "#"?] 

Again, so as to avoid confusion, these similar instructions which say to press and hold "*" then the "#" are in the post right after yours (it is in a link to fixyourownprinter).

I am going bananas because I can't even 'start' the process. I already tried the basic fix (unhook USB, unload cartriges, etc.). This is my mother's printer, so you can imagine what I am going through trying to fix this for her. This is her life - and we both cannot afford to buy another.

Please help. What am I doing wrong? And if you can clarify WHICH keys, then I can at least focus on those when next I give up trying to depres them and contact help.

Thank you so much for posting these.

~Thomas

HP Recommended

por favor ayudenme tengo este error Oxc18a0201 en mi hp d7360 como lo soluciono ya intente el metodo de desconectarla y eso

HP Recommended

I just replaced my ink cartridges. I noticed you had a fix; however, I have an hp photosmart d7145. I am not sure which left arrow and set up buttons you are referring to; could you please give more guidance?

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C5150 all in one
HP Recommended
I am not sure how this is an answer to my problem. Is this the printer I should purchase now that my current printer isn't working?
HP Recommended

This sequence worked for my C6150 all in one model!

HP Recommended

This is a recurring problem. Could reboot the printer and print a few pages, then the ink system failure message. Now,unable to turn off printer except by removing power plug and wall plug as suggested. When reconnect power cord as instructed, and press power button, printer display repeatedly goes off and on. I just purchased all new print cartridges, and would like to be able to use them. Any suggestions for getting this to at least turn on.

HP Recommended

What does HP error message 0xc18a0201 mean? How do I fix it? This occurred after replacing ink cartridges.

HP Recommended

I changed several ink cartridge, it doesn,t work I got oxc18a0201 msg.

Can you help on that one. Tanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.