Note on archived topics.
02-08-2012 09:22 PM - edited 02-08-2012 09:24 PM
I turned on my printer and the screen showed Ink System Failure. "Ink system has failed. Unalbe to print. Refer to printer documentation. Error: 0xc18a0206. Turn power off, then on again." I have searched but I can not resolve the problem please help.
HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One
04-28-2013 08:29 PM
HP C6280 All in one Ink System Failure by jbloe (11/8/08 10:32 PM) reply +1 + / -
Error number 0xc18a0301
Our HP C6280 recently put itself into "toddler tantrum" mode and refused to do anything. another forum has instructions for the C6180, which are almost identical, so I knew I could get help from the HP chat support.
After convincing them not to send me to a phone-a-friend rep and just copy and paste the directions out of their egain knowledge base, I was able follow them like anyone who has ever microwaved popcorn and not become his own grandpa. (Futurama fans will know)
Anyway, hopefully this will help a few folks out.
HPRepDude : Follow the below steps on the front panel of the All-in-One printer:
HPRepDude : A. - Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
B. - Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
HPRepDude : Let me know the result.
Customer : display says "enter special key combo"
HPRepDude : Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
Customer : support COxxFN0723BR
HPRepDude : May I know the exact message that you got?
Customer : uiaux
HPRepDude : Okay.
HPRepDude : Please perform the below steps:
HPRepDude : 2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status
HPRepDude : 5. Press and release the “OK” button
HPRepDude : 6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
HPRepDude : Make sure that you perform steps from 2-9 and let me know the result.
Customer : Ok. It all went like the steps said and it is now powered down and unplugged.
HPRepDude : 10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE.
HPRepDude : Please perform all the above steps from 10 to 13 .
HPRepDude : Let me know the result.
05-08-2013 10:39 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 01:07 PM by OscarFuentes
An ink system failure can be caused by bad ink cartridges or print head has gone bad.
Here is a link that you can follow and see if this resolves the issue.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
05-23-2015 01:21 AM
This procedure worked for me, but with a bit of a twist. After hitting the clear button several times, the printer came up saying it was powered off incorrectly, so I hit the OK button and the printer then powerd off.
Powering up, it then came up with message saying that one of the ink cartridges had expired, I then followed the onscreen instructions and hit the right arrow and then the OK button to override the error but it came back to the same error message.
I then opened and closed the cartridge cover, and the printer immediately went into"Preparing the printer". It performed it's mechanical magic and then up came the "Welcome to HP" screen. It did not automatically print the self-test page, but I was able to manually print it and all is working great now.