Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Peep_squasher .... THANK YOU!! I googled the error msg and came across this page. I wasn't sure if this would work but I figured I could try it since I was about to slam the printer against the wall. This fixed my problem! 😀
HP Recommended
Was filling my printer and its given me erro refer to document I done understand tried it and not working
HP Recommended

Excelent...  

Finally got a solution for an excelent printer...

Definately works on C6280!

Being on a fix income I needed a solution, buying a new printer is not an option for a minor system error!

Thank you

HP Recommended

I hope you see this whoever you are because you're an angel!!

You just saved me a whole bunch of pain trying to figure out this problem!!!!!!

I have to admit I hadn't used this printer in about 5 years and I thought

it was toast!!  BUT because of your generosity to print this dialogue

it's working NOW!!!  🙂   🙂

I had to clean it a bunch of times but I thought for sure when it kept

making horrible noises for a while I was ready to toss it and I had

just bought a box of new cartridges!

God bless you!  You're an angel!

Thanks again,

Irma

HP Recommended

Need help concerning this error code oxc18a0206

HP Recommended
I bought and installed all new HP ink. I followed the steps above to clear the hardware failure status. This time, the printer error said the magenta cartridge was empty and had to be replaced. I removed and reinserted and the problem persisted. I tried an older magenta cartridge, and received the same message. I went through the steps to clear the hardware error again, but I viewed ink levels. Now the printer keeps booting to the "one-time ink initialization mode" and is looking for introductory ink, which I no longer have. Is there any way to bypass the ink initialization? I'd hate to have purchased a 6-pack of ink only to their away the printer.
HP Recommended

Looks like these steps worked for me on a C6280 where I was getting a different "ink shystem has failed" error code: 0xc19a0001    

tjhis occurred while trying to install a non-HP cartridge (black) but replacing it with HP cartridge did not fix it, not did the HP restart steps and options provided in the HP link someone else provided.  These steps actually seemed to do a reset of some sort.  I also had a cartridge that was expired in at the same time (not the one replaced at the start of the issue).  What's up with that message?  I don't understand how ink can expire.  It happens when I try to stay ahead by buying in advance.  But I have never swapped them out and continue to use until empty.  Have never had an issue. 

HP Recommended

I used the procedure outlined when my C6280 displayed the printer failure message, and it worked just fine.  Many thanks!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.