Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

a bit confusion here. in step two u have mentioned about installation in part 3. do u mean when i double clikc on the downloaded file installation process shows me for running. do i have to click no or cancel the installation process on half way. and one more thing, u have mentioned about installing the latest adobe flash player. does it need to be installed in the windows OS or in internet page. i am using google chrome.

cheers.

HP Recommended

Hi Sarojraj977,

When you double click the downloaded file it will extract all the software to a temp folder, and then you will get the installation splash screen. Once you get the initial installation splash screen you will need to cancel the installer, and continue with Step 4.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

did what u said but when run the uninstall_run4 message pops out saying winodws cannot find 'ccc_uninstaller.exe'

cheers

HP Recommended

Hi Sarojraj977,

Sounds like the operating system is not allowing the software to run. Try the steps below, and let me know what you find out?

To do a Windows 8 Refresh:

1. Hold your mouse in the bottom or top right of the screen (if you have a touch screen, you can slide you finger from the right of the screen to the left) to bring up the Charms bar.
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. Click on "Change computer setting" at the bottom.
  4. Click on General.
  5. Scroll down to "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" and click on "Get Started" after that.
  6. That should start a Wizard that will take you through the Refresh process. 
  7. Install the printer to your computer
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I am getting the same error message and my printer is an HP Officejet 6310. I am reinstalling the software after some ink issues.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Follow the steps below

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76831-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

thanks hp wizard. finally problem is sorted out. i was working on it since a week. finally the driver is installed sucessfully. thanks a lot. but a sad thing lot of my files were deleted which i am working on it to get it back. anyway...my problem is solved and i am headache free which i was having due to it.

HP Recommended

Hi Sarojraj977,

Doing the refresh option without affecting files shouldn't have removed any of your files. I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hey there,

You said delete all the files, not the folders within that folder right? Just wanted to make sure before proceeding.

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Attempt to clean out all files and folders within the %temp% folder.

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.