Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 6988
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How can I get a replacement Installation CD for this product.

I have upgraded my computer and router and cannot get system to recognize this device, although I have used device before with this computer and old router.

I have tried all the web-based applications to try to solve this problem, to no avail.  Cannot find driver to try to re-install printer.

Perhaps someone can just send me a driver for this computer system ?

Thanks,

Dave Hinson

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Dave, install the HP Printer Driver and Software provided within Windows 7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Tried that.  Tried all the HP apps that could possibly help me (I think).

Windows does not find my printer.

Next step is to try to find the IP address of the printer from the router, but it is a very simple router, and I don't see how to find the IP address.

Dave

HP Recommended

Look for the Deskjet 6980 series driver, you may need to run the "Windows Update" in the Install printer driver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Tried that.  I cannot find a driver for this printer anywhere.  Is there any other way to get this driver for Windows 7?

I have the installation CD for Windows XP only.

I had (Somehow) had this printer working on my old router, but cannot seem to get it to work with the new Linksys WRT54GL router.

Anyway, is there ANY WAY to just get the driver emailed to me ?  Or how do I go about getting an Installation CD for Windows 7 ?

Thanks for helping.

Dave

HP Recommended

There is no HP driver for Windows 7.

Just checked my Windows 7 computer & there is a driver listed.

HP Recommended

But you say there is a driver listed in Win7 ?

I have still not found a driver anywhere .

Can you send me a copy of your driver if there is one ?

Thanks for all your trouble.

Dave

HP Recommended

The driver comes with Windows, just go to add printer & run the driver update it should be listed.

HP Recommended

Thanks for all the effort, but I have tried all the proposed solutions, and simply cannot get the printer to print.

I don't understand the problem, becuuse it was printing on WIN7 before I changed the router.

Dave Hinson

HP Recommended

Are you able to print using the USB port?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.