Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I totally agree with you HPCommitsFraud!

HP Recommended

The Instant Ink FAQ says;

Can I change or cancel my plan anytime?

Yes. There is no obligation or commitment beyond your first month. You may change plans or cancel your service at any time without penalty on your account page at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink to change or cancel your account. Cancellations and plan downgrades are effective after the last day of the current billing cycle. Cancellations and plan downgrade changes are effective after the last day of your current billing cycle. You can choose to make plan upgrade changes effective during the current or next billing cycle. For full details, see HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.

ONLY deep in the Terms of Service does it IMPLY that if you cancel the cartridges will stop working.
I was subscribed for about a year.  Never had to replace the CYK cartridges, and in fact the M cartridge has never been installed because I was printing with MY INK!!!!

Now I find out that my printer has stopped working due to this under handed black mail.

As a former HP Customer Engineer (from the good old days, met Dave Packard myself)  I am disgusted by this slimy marketing trick.  SHAMEFUL.

Do not run out and buy store bought cartridges.  Go buy a high capacity ink Epson printer.

So disappointed in HP.  You should all be ashamed.

HP Recommended

@PaulC181

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Had the same experience, cancelled over month ago (supposely a 3 month trial), charged and I cancelled. To  add insult to injury, had to remove ink they sent- because "you are not member , you can't use ink messages" and now want me to update payment to take another payment (but you can't use the ink) . Are they serious? What a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Yes, they are SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

The HP rep was at the store when I bought my printer and lied to me about canceling. Thankfully my daughter bought a HP and is having this problem so I can still return my unboxed printer. I have always had HP printers but will never again do business with a company that is so underhanded.  Never had an Epson but I guess it's time to try one. Thanks for showing your colors before I was stuck with a non working printer. Enjoy the success of your replacement program, I plan to warn as many people as will listen. Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. 

HP Recommended
To be fair HP is offering a service that is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.. If you don't want to pay them by the month for a page plan then don't. Go buy ink at a store, or get it online so you don't even have to go pick it up. You can't say they're ripping you off for a service you don't have to get or pay for if you don't like the terms. That's like buying milk even though you're lactose intolerant then complaining it makes you sick. No one is forcing you to buy it.
HP Recommended

Instant ink is a scam I will advice all my friends that it is terrible .Please do the same

HP Recommended

Just to add my voice to others.  This is the worst scam.  I changed credit cards and forgot to update, and AS SOON AS  the charge failed to go through, I was told that a) my ability to print would soon stop, b) I could not use either the ink cartridges in the printer OR the two ink cartridges that had been sent to me, but that I had not used yet.  Literally--- They hold your printer hostage, and even the ink you already bought and PAID FOR is no good.  They try to explain it away as saying the ink is on subscription.  I called, complained and when I FINALLY got to a supervisor they offered to send me two regular cartridges to swap out for the unusable  instant ink ones, because I told them that  I  was quitting the program.  Absolutely outraged, to be sitting in my own home and have my PRINTER flash me a message that I will soon "be blocked from printing"!!!  And to have all that unused ink rendered useless.  Crazy....  I will never, ever, ever, buy anything from HP again---I feel too ripped off.  

HP Recommended

@eliad

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.