Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Nothing works more than a few days at most. Doesn't work to move all to left then update then back to right then update. I think we all need to click on Kudos to those who complain accurately, if you agree!
HP Recommended

THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN."  ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

I AM ANGRY!! I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS TO GET A DECENT MACHINE BECAUSE THEY WON'T HELP WITH A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. !!!WE WANT A REAL, PERMANENT SOLUTION!!!!

HP Recommended
THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN." ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

I AM ANGRY!! I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS TO GET A DECENT MACHINE BECAUSE THEY WON'T HELP WITH A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. !!!WE WANT A REAL, PERMANENT SOLUTION!!!!
HP Recommended

THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN."  ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

HP Recommended
THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN." ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

It's true

Two days later it's the same problem

Once I've switched on switched off several times and like wise with my computer

It may - just may decide to scan

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HP????

HP Recommended
YOU R MY HERO!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
HP Recommended

@brownpenny wrote:

I've received this message and don't know how to fix it.  Scanner won't scan

HP Recommended

My wife was scanning successfully from her computer and I asked her to show me what she was doing. 

This worked for me....she would bring up the HP Solution Center and hit scan.  At the prompt she would put the page(s) to be scanned into the AUTOMATIC FEEDER....that's it, the only difference from what I was doing.  I would lift the cover and put the document on the glass....this never worked.  Once I put the document in the auto feeder and used the HP Solution Center to start the scan everything worked.

This was good enough for me, I hope it helps some of you.

By the way, this was for a 6500 Officejet all in one printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.