Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

THIS ISSUE IS A COMPLETE DISASTER IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!  IMAGINE A KNOWN ISSUE THAT CAN NOT BE REPAIRED FOR MORE THAN TWO DAYS.....KNOWN FOR 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME HP!! [Legal Discussion Removed]  THIS IS A SYSTEMIC PROBLEM THAT HP HAS CHOSEN TO COMPLETELY IGNORE. F I X    T H I S      P R O B L E M  HP!!!!!!  SHAME ON YOU!!!  YOUR SILENCE ON THIS BOARD IS DEAFENING!  SPEAK-UP.....HOW WILL YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM PERMANENTLY?  WE ARE WAITING FOR AN ANSWER!  [Legal Discussion Removed]  LEXMARK IS NEXT PRINTER SUPPLIER FOR ME.AND MY COMPANY....I RECOMMEND THAT SAME FOR ALL OF YOU, WE CARE MORE THAN HP CARES ABOUT US.

HP Recommended

Why is it that there are multiple posts that say that they have tried this solution and yest it still doesn't work?  PCWizard, if you want 'Kudos'. perhaps you could recommend to your superiors that they create a permanent solution for this problem.  I've gone through this process myself, and it seems as others have as well.

HP Recommended
I agree, however, having the ability to scan from the printer one day, and then not being able to do the same the next day is a bit of a frustration. I was going to recommend this printer to several friends of mine, but I really would prefer not to look foolish.
HP Recommended

Tried the solution.  Didn't work.  Unplugged the printer. Tried again.  Came up 'No Scan Options'. 

C'mon, really?

Guess what.  Worked yesterday - perfectly.

HP Recommended

Ok - tried again.

Deleted all the ones from the left, updated. Put ALL the options back in the list.  Tried again. Says 'Scanning Document...'. Lights flash...(hey, I'm getting somewhere?!?!).  Then nothing.  Then a message saying that

'HP CUE has stopped working. Microsoft is closing the program and will let you know when they think they might have an answer from HP as tho what exactly this problem is and when it will be fixed...'

...or something like that...

HP Recommended

Ok, one more time...

Tried the instructions from PC Wizard. No.

Unplugged, replugged. No.

Factory reset. No.

Did the instructions from number 55 post, unplugged and replugged, looked cross-eyed at the machine...SUCCESS!!

(I can't vouch for the cross-eyed look, however...)

I did remove the item I wanted to scan from the auto feeder first, don't know if that would have made any difference...but it did work as it had in the past.  Will see if it's permanent.  Although, what can you expect for $70 on sale?

HP Recommended

I SOLVED IT!!!!!

I got rid of that $250. HP POS brick. Just threw it out. All my frustration gone. Bought an Epson. Best decision I have made in a while. I will never own another HP as long as I live.

Good luck all! I willnow use my printer instead of trying to fix it! Weehee!!

HP Recommended

I agree, this is a ridiculour situation.  I'm not willing to find 'post 55' or whatever and then follow instructions for something I should never have to touch to begin with.  Fix it via a pushed out software update.  Be responsible.

HP Recommended

To anyone at HP

A simple question:   Is this bug logged in your internal bug tracking system?

A Yes/No answer is all that is required.

Philip

HP Recommended

Ok, I had the same problem and I fixed this way.

Make sure to have the HP Solution Center short cut on your desk top.

Place the document, picture or what you want to scan on the scanner 

Open the short cut HP Solution and just use the scan document or scan picture button and that it!

Somehow if we use the solution center the computer communicate better with the printer/scanner

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.