Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thankyou Shellgirl, I appreciate the response.

HP Recommended

This is shameful. 13 months since the first post, and no patch or permanent solution offered.

The whole point of a network all-in-one is to allow prints and scans to be sent from and received by multiple computers.

It makes no sense to require the user to walk over to the multifunction, insert their document, walk back to their computer, initiate the scan, walk over to the multifunction AGAIN, retreive their document (if nobody's made off with it), and only then have access to the digital document on their computer.

I am an IT manager for a small business, and bought this computer specifically in order to avoid such nonsense. Not only that, but I was recently a computer salesperson at Staples. I feel dreadful to have recommended this printer to others. While it is great on ink economy, such horrendous software is unacceptable. Its scanning functionality is, in effect, broken.

I'd much rather be using a Lexmark Pinnacle 901 or Platinum 905 right now.

HP Recommended

First, let me acknowledge that this is a frustrating and persistent problem.  As Bill Clinton would say, "I feel your pain."

The primary issue is the inability to use the "scan to computer" feature from the machine - an annoyance, especially if you have network computers in separate rooms.  At first, I worked around the error by 1) controling the scanner directly from the computer and 2) scanning to a memory card, then placing the card in my computer.  After reading through this whole thread, I tried something different.

Second, I think that I have a solution.  The following work-around worked for me, and I have an Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless.  My machine has a "Digital Filing" network folder button on the top left of the scanner panel.  You can set up the path and preferences for this through the "HP Solution Center."

Go to "Settings" at the bottom of the solution center.

Hit "Network Settings" under other settings.

This will open a browser for you to configure network settings.

Hit the top middle tab "Settings."

Then network folder setup on the left about halfway down.

The process of adding network folders is pretty self-guided.  If desired, there is a Wizard for this process in the solution center under scan settings "Direct Network Filing Setup."

Now, each computer on the network can have multiple folders with various options (of course, the scanner interface does not offer all of the options that the computer does).

My only hope is that this fix does not fail when the computer, printer, router, or modem has to reboot.  God bless!

HP Recommended

Yes, I get the message "LCD list needs to be updated" also. Can't find a troubleshooting section in the scanner/printer's manual. Has someone else found an answer? I really need this fixed ASAP because I'm trying to scan job applications so they can be attached to emails!

Thanks,

bfcrandell

HP Recommended

Rebooting did work for me.  I incurred the LCD List issue when I was setting up a homegroup network.  Once I troubleshooted the homegroup network, I was fine.  Thank you for the suggestion.

HP Recommended

thanks the advice helped amazingly i tryed calling tech support no luck i tryed reinstalling and uninstalling and nothing worked and this advice helped sooo much thank you!!! you saved my printers life i almost was bout to toss it out the window..

HP Recommended

Mp printer con't scan as it requireds me to update LCD list. How do I go fix that?

HP Recommended

Anyone found a solution yet, rather than unplugging it?  It says in the manual that if you unplug it or lose power, you have to go through the wireless setup process again.  I'm using a Wireless e-All-in-One B110.

This is so inconvenient.  My computer is in one room and the printer is in another room which means that to scan something, I have to walk to the other room to insert my document, walk back to the other room to start the software on the computer then go back again to get the original document back.  It's beyond a joke.  I've only had the thing one day.  It worked ok yesterday.  Today it tells me to upgrade the LCD.  A box pops up with all the options there to scan to.  I hit update device, the window closes and that's it.  Back to square one when I try to scan from the printer.

HP Recommended

Me too. It only works through accessing the scanner via eprintcenter.com- your personal printer site to manage your printer and see connectivity. from here you can save the scan as a jpeg on your hard drive and print from there. I did manage at one point fromm here to save in other formats like (pdf).

but I am still clueless as to how I can manually scan to my computer without having to use the internet. how can I download this LCD list as mentioned on my computer?

any help very much appreciated!

Regards,

Jaboticaba

HP Recommended

Cannot scan warning comes up LCD list needs upgraded.  What to do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.