Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Same boat with constantly struggling to get this to work across two floors.
HP Recommended
Wow! Brilliant. With all of the solutions HP has answered now we have the simpleton answer, which doesn't fix the problem either.
HP Recommended

Why do I need to upgrade a LCD list.....and what is it?

HP Recommended

how do you do it?

HP Recommended

i did that, and nothing happened!

HP Recommended

I get the message when I try to scan from my HP Photosmart C7250 that my LCD list needs to be upgraded.  How do I do this....(plain English, please.)

HP Recommended

How d I upgrade my HP scanner printer (HP officejet 6500)

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, 

Refer to the steps in Message 71 to resolve the upgrade LCD message on your printers. 

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Dear PC Wizard from HP,

Your suggestion that Message 71 fixes this problem is wrong.  It tries to address the apparent symptom of the problem, but fixes nothing!  We have been nursing this 4500 printer along for 18 months and it is painful and time consuming to say the least.  The only thing that helps when we get this message is to unplug the printer power cord for a minute and restart it.  Currently the printer has connection problems where 1) it inconsistently allows scanning from the console, 2) the printer "sees" some or all of our four computers on the wireless LAN until the scanning is initiated then it often complains there are no connections, and 3) our two Windows XP PCs seem to interact better with the printer better than our two Windows 7 laptops.  So perhaps there is an issue with the host software related to the operating system as well a bug in the printer/scanner itself.

Believe me, these problems are definitely not resolved in any way by the “fix” offered in Message 71.

HP Recommended

@pcwizard wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Refer to the steps in Message 71 to resolve the upgrade LCD message on your printers. 

I've tried that.  It doesn't work.  It still says the LCD list needs updating.

Also half the time scanning from my PC doesn't work either.  It says the scanning software is in use.  I need to reboot my machine to get it working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.