Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet MFP M277dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hey,

I own the LaserJet MFP M277dw and I've had it for 6+ months now. It hasn't given me any trouble until tonight. I tried to print some documents (Word, PDFs) and it refuses to print past page 2!!! A "corrupt file" message popped up a few times on the printer screen. I am at a loss...this printer is great up until now. I downloaded the new firmware that was released not long ago, but the file isn't recognized. Can anyone help me? 😞

All the best,
Poor OD student...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kslitag8r

Thank you for replying with the details,

Yes, I'm afraid there have been certain known issues with the MacOS sierra updates,

However, every problem has a solution and here's the alternate solution for Sierra as we may not have drivers available for MacOS as off now:

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

·         HP Easy Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

·         Apple Image Capture

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.

·         HP Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot MacOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hey @UAB2019,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with an error on your Laserjet M277dw Printer when printing from your Mac OSX 10.11 machine. I can help you with that. 

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If the printer is connected to your Mac through a USB cable, remove it.
  2. Close all other programs you have open.
  3. Click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  4. Hold down the control key and click on the icon of your printer on the left.
  5. Click on Reset Printing System.
  6. Restart your Mac.

Now, if you removed the USB cable, connect it. If not:

1. Click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  2. Click on the plus button in the bottom-left corner.
  3. Click on the name of your printer.
  4. Click in the box next to Use and select your printer.
  5. Click on Add.

Please let me know the results of following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Two things did the trick. Plugging directly into the wall socket and hard reset.

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with my HP Color Laserjet M477dw. The printer will not print PDFs. I keep getting a corrupt file message. I tried the steps above and they did NOT resolve my problem. 

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue, but none of these fixes have helped.  Any other ideas or things that have worked?

HP Recommended

@Kslitag8r
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand the printer doesn't work anymore,

You might want to update the drivers as well
And to let you know the drivers are installed by the Apple Updates. HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
  2. Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list. Do one of the following steps, depending on if the printer is listed or not.
  • If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and to make sure the correct driver is used. Click the name of your printer, then click the minus sign to  delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.
  • If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.
  • If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, make sure the printer is connected to the Mac with a USB cable, or that it is on the same wired or wireless network on your Mac. See the Frequently asked questions in this document to try resolving connection issues, try to add the printer again, then continue to the next step.

If issue persists, follow the below steps:

Print a configuration page to get the printer's IP address. HP LaserJet Pro P1566 and P1606dn Printers - Printing a Configuration Page. (though the printer doesn't match, the information will help).

Manually add the printer by the IPv4 address in.

Go to the Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners > click + button > then select the IP icon across the top > type in the printer's IPv4 address > select jet direct below and then Apply.

Try printing.

Please reply for any further assistance,

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

printing from macbook to laserjet, the above did not resolve the problem, still getting file corrupt message

HP Recommended

@allend370

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand the previous suggestions didn't help, however, could you be a little more precise as to what you've done and what were the results of each step you did?

So that we could work on obtaining an accurate solution to resolve this concern.

I also wanted to confirm if you manually added the printer named - Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 instead of Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw after the update/issue occurred using the steps I had mentioned earlier to help you add a printer manually?

Keep me posted,

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The best result i have gotten is to delete all printers - do a printer reset in the system preferences and then do a clean reinstall.  I still occassionaly get an error, but not very often now.

HP Recommended

@Kslitag8r

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

Perhaps you should attempt a root level reinstallation of the driver as the clean install has helped you in a way, this should resolve the issue completely:

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

Keep me posted,

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.