Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 4250
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

We are using Remote Desktop, and have a user with WIndows 10. They installed a Laserjet 4250 with driver LASERJET 4250 PCL6 CLASS DRIVER, which was an option under Devices and Printers. I am trying to install the matching driver on my Server 2008 R2 system, and have been unable to locate a matching driver. EasyPrint is much slower and prints a narrowed version of the page we are trying to print. I've tried changing the name of the Laserjet 4250 PCL 6 driver, and that prints faster, but still shows the narrowed print.\

Can anyone direct me to where I can find this Laserjet 4250 PCL6 Class Driver for a 64 bit WIndows OS?

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

My Windows 10 Professional 64-bit system has built-in drivers for LaserJet 4250 printers:

Capture.PNG 

I think that these drivers are supplied by Microsoft, rather than HP.

You may have to click the Windows Update button in the Add Printer dialogue, then wait (perhaps for several minutes) whilst additional drivers are downloaded, before the list is repopulated.

Perhaps this is what you need to do on your server OS?

HP Recommended

Hi @jheymann,

You may use the HP Universal Printing driver, it is designed for both client and server operating systems.

The 64 bit version can be downloaded from the following link:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4157320&swItemId=ds_99374_15&swEnvOid=402...

You may also follow the DRIVER CONFIGURATION Support Guide below to get help deploying the HP UPD on a server:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=503548&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c036...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you. Unfortunately, that option isn't available on Server 2008 R2, even after Windows Update.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I was trying to avoid having to have the user change their printer setup, but I guess it can't be helped. I'll have to get them to add a printer using the Universal Printer Driver as well.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.