Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on my new LJ Pro 200 and my Mac, running OS X 10.10 Yosemite. I've tried restarting the printer and reinstalling drivers, and the same thing happens. It seems sporadic and can happen even on a simple text document without memory intensive graphics. 

Are there any other ideas for rectifying this issue?

HP Recommended

Hi @technabob ,

I see that you are also having issues when printing, you are getting a low memory message. I'd like to help you with this issue.

If you followed the steps in the other post, please continue the steps provided and let me know if it helps.

Print a Configuration Report to see what the firmware version is for the printer.

Printing a Configuration Report.

There is a firmware update for the printer of Version 20150212, but it isn't available for Yosemite, if you have a older Mac, you can run the firmware update from it.

Did you download and install the Full Feature Software and Drivers, or are you using a preinstalled driver?

Here is the link for the full drivers.

HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251 series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Laserjet 200 M251)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

Connect the printer by a USB cable, just to rule out any network issues. Let me know if you have the same result.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am unable to even print simple one-page e-mails - I get the message "Memory is low. Job canceled. Press OK to continue." I am printing from a MacBook Air.  I have tried unplugging the printer and plugging it back in many times. Any ideas? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am having same problems from my Macbook.  I had to plug the usb in to finally get it to print.  Would have been nice to know about this problem, before we purchased it!

HP Recommended

Hi alyb1 and Marketqr,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this Post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've had this printer for about two years and all of the sudden this same issue started happening two days ago.  I've done all the steps provided earlier in the thread and it's still not working.  I've updated the firmware to the 20150212 version and also tried "defaulting" the unit and reconfiguring it.  It's still not working.  I'm able to print to the other network printers in our office without issue.  I did try connecting it locally to with a USB and it did work.  Any thoughts on the the issue with AirPrint?  Thanks, I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @dwost ,

I understand that you are also getting "Low Memory" error when printing from Yosemite. I would really like to be able to help you resolve this issue.

From what I have seen so far, the printer is not getting the "Low Memory" error when it is connected by a USB cable.

That would lead me to believe that it might be a communication issue over the network.

You can try the following steps to see if you have the same results.

Delete the printer from Printers and Scanners.

Click on the +  button, select the IP Protocol across the top, type in the printer's IPv4 address, select Jet Direct below and then Apply.

Test the printer again.

Let me know if setting up the IP Protocol helped or not. I will be looking into this further.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

BOOM!  That worked!  Thanks Gemini, I'll keep an eye on it and post back if it should fail.

HP Recommended

Hi dwost,

Cool, Thanks for letting me know that worked. {Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

If the other posters see the steps that resolved the issue for "Low Memory", please try setting up the printer also with the IP Protocol.

Let me know the outcome.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No problem, the only "issue" if you want to call it that is it takes a bit longer for the document to start printing.  No big deal, at least it's working!  Thanks again!

Cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.