Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi dwost ,

If I get any more feedback on this, I will let you know.

Please consider marking the post Message 17 that resolved the issue as "Accept as Solution" so that anybody else in the HP community who may experience the same or similar issue will know what to do.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

FYI: We've had the printer for 2 years as well and this issue is now showing up from our Mac computers (not from PC's).

Printer is essentially unusable from Macbook's.

We are trying the fixes noted and will report back with results.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, Gemini02. I have turned the Archive setting on as you suggested as well as turning IPv6 off. In addition, I updated the firmware to the 20150212 version, all to no avail. We are using this printer with Google Cloud Print, so there are no drivers involved. Please assist.

HP Recommended

Hi @icn2you ,

I see that you are experiencing issues also when printing through Google Cloud Print. I would like to help you.

I am not really sure what would cause this issue. Most of the other posters are having issues printing from the Mac computers. By adding the printer as IP Protocol has so far resolved this issue. Since the printer would be networked to use this service, if you are also using a Mac, install the printer software and add the printer as IP Protocol, just to see if it makes a difference. I believe it has something to do with network settings.

What device are you sending the jobs from?

How is the printer setup?

What file format are the files?

Are you getting the "Low Memory" error printing from all applications?

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Any update on printing from MBP?

I have the printer hooked up to a windows computer, using the MBP wirelessly.  Everyhting worked fine up until a few weeks ago.  not sure if window rolled out an update.....still not able to print wirelessly.

Very frustrating

HP Recommended

Hi @R-baller ,

I see that you are having issues printing wirelessly from the Windows computer and you are wondering if there are any updates on using the printer with a Mac. I can help you.

If the printer is still on the network and you believe the Windows Update did something with the drivers on the Windows computer, you can always restore your computer back to a earlier time when everything was working properly.

System Restore for Windows 7.

Please try the following steps if there is a issue with the printer over the network.

Print off a configuration page, to make sure the printer has a valid IP address.

Printing a Configuration Report. Print the report from the printer's control panel.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IP address into your web browser's address bar.

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

On the Mac, try and add the printer through Printers and Scanners through the IP Protocol.

On the Windows computer, check the port assigned to the printer on the computer. Most likely the router reassigned the printer the IP address and the computer isn't recognizing it now.

Go to Start, Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

It should be checked on TCP/IP.

Then click on Configure Port to view the IP address.

If the IP address doesn't match the printer's IPv4, then create a new port with the new IPv4 address.

Close the configure port window.

Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
Type in the proper IP address for the printer.
Make sure the printer is online.

Try printing again.

If the IP address isn't valid, then restore the network defaults on the printer.

Go to setup, network setup, restore defaults.

Power cycle the router and computers.

Then run the wireless setup on the printer.

Go to setup, network setup, wireless menu, wireless setup wizard.

Print off a configuration page, to make sure the printer has a valid IP address.

Printing a Configuration Report. Print the report from the printer's control panel.

Then add the printer again, through Add Printer on the Windows and Printers and Scanners, using IP Protocol on the Mac.

What operating systems are you using on the Mac and Windows?

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

How do I find/create the printer's IPv4 address?

HP Recommended

Hi @jamesmoes ,

I see that you would like to know how to get the IPv4 address for the printer. I would be happy to help you.

The router would assign the IP address to the printer.

You can print a Configuration Page to find the IPv4 address. Printing a Configuration Report.

You would run the wireless setup on the printer to configure the printer over the network.

Go to setup, network setup, wireless menu, wireless setup wizard.

Then install the printer software.

I have provided this document for Setting Up the Printer for a Wired or Wireless network for the HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251 and M2...

Please provide the operating system that you are using, if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have been having the same Low Memory issues in the last month or so with both wireless and USB.  I have tried all the fixes recommended to no avail.   I have a 2011 MacbookPro OSX 10.9.

The issue comes up when selecting "PDF Preview" then "Print" (I like to see what the final result is before wasting precious printing resources).  When I print from the original page it seems to work fine.

In my case it may be due to the latest update for Adobe Reader.  These new updates can be notorious for causing printing issues like this on both Macs and PC's in my experience.

The memory on these printers does seems to be marginal at best however.  HP should spend a little extra on memory to ensure low memory errors like this never become a factor.  My two cents.

HP Recommended

whooo hoo. back to printing wirelessly.  Thanks Gemini

I loosely followed your directions.  

for anyone else with the same problem, HP printer hooked up to a PC, trying to print wirelessly from a macbook, I did the following.

went to system preferences > Printers & Scanners >Double tapped on the existing printer, selected reset printing system.

After that, i resinstalled the printer using the IP option, entered the address on the top line, picked IPP as the protocol.

Seems to be printing wirelessy just fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.