Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I agree - the blinking power light is too much. My printer is within eyesight of the TV which doubles as a spare bedroom - its a great printer but I need to return it as I cannot live with this light! If there is a software update coming to fix this then please let me know so I don't have to find a different printer! A function to turn the light OFF!

HP Recommended

Hi @Thomas100,

I believe HP is working on this issue. In the mean time you could put a piece of tape over the light, so it isn't so inconvenient with it flashing all the time. I don't have a ETA on when this is expected though. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

It's been 2 months since the last post.  Update please??  I just bought and installed this printer.  Likewise, blinking light is so annoying!  Considering returning the printer, too.

HP Recommended

Hi, I bought 2 of these printers but have returned one due to the blinking light - very poor design with little thought - not suitable for a home office.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I haven't received any feedback on this at this time. If you have already ran the firmware update and have the same results, then I would suggest to Contact HP Support directly for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Gemini02,  I'm sorry, but don't you work for HP support?  I don't understand the "disconnect".  Can you not forward the issue onto the appropriate person(s)?

Yes, I've already done the latest firmware update.  No change.  And I'm trying to help, but honestly, I'm done spending any more time or effort on this silly issue that could easily be fixed!

HP Recommended

Hi @pitmancd,

I have passed this information on previously. For a quicker response, I had provided the HP Support number.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this Post has instructions.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks Gemini02.  I literally put FIVE pieces of white electrical tape over the button.  The LED is so bright, I can still see it, but at least it's not flashing a glare in my face every few seconds.

HP Recommended

HP support is useless, it's not a tech issure, how they can help. r&d  or product department should take the blame.

I was going to cut that led off, end up put a piece credit cart in side printer "fix" the problem. What I did is open up front cover, you can see the real power button, cut a piece of unused plastic card stick it on by double side sticker. still can see a very little flashing in night, but acceptable.

HP Recommended

I did the same thing on my Laser Jet MFP M127fn...I wished I had gone to Amazon.com and read the comments before purchasing my printer this year in September. Black Electric tape is thesolution here for this problem or turning off your printer every time after you use it...I don't see any other solutions forthcoming.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.