Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP MFP Laserjet M477
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

i had the same problem with exactly the same OS (8.1 64) and the same HP Printer that was installed before (Officejet Pro 8600).

So after deinstalling the old 8600 Pro, i can't install the new M477 software.

Error is the end of the install something with "webservices failed"... no clue. I even did hours long of support tickets and phone calls with HP Support a year back with exactly the same problem, no solution. (tried everything in the book) I ended up installing generic drivers.

This time i need!! the SCAN SOFTWARE. somehow the drivers are working for printing. But i need the SCAN Software so i can use the Scanner as it should be.

So, is there a STANDALONE SCAN SOFTWARE that i can install? Download from ftp somewhere? I am pretty sure this would work as it wouldn't try to install the whole software suite everytime... which fails.
I don't need a solution to the install problem, a scan software would be 100% ok!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Install HP Scan Extended below and check if it can detect both of your scanners:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

thank you, the installation was successful, the program runs and says it has found the MFP Laserjet (guess because of the top line in the scan program window saying "MFP Laserjet [productnr.]".

But, i get an error, simply "scan error" when trying to scan.

Was the program for win8.1 64bit?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.